Front Cigarette Lighter NOT working E220 - LN12 Plate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rp83

Car
2012 - E220
Al - a relatively new MB converter so please bear with me.

Just bought 12 plate (LN12...) E220 from Car Giant <24 hours ago. Everything is great except a small niggle with front cigarette lighter not working, one at the rear works fine. I have read through the manual and it mentions that Fuse Chart manual is in boot somewhere but could not find it and hence seeking help. Attached are the two fuse boxes I have (one under bonnet and one in the boot) in the car.

Can some one tell me where the correct fuse (or its number) is so I can attempt to fix/replace and see if it resolves the problem?

And finally, I see people on here refer the car model as Wxxx (x being numbers) and wasnt sure how to find it, is there a straight fwd way to work this out. Sorry for a stupid one there..

Thank you once again

Attachments

• Bonet.JPG
    Bonet.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Boot.JPG
    Boot.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 20
I think it's the 15amp fuse in the yellow block (top right in the 2nd pic) in the fuse box in the boot.

Before replacing the fuse, ensure the radio and climate control is off first, and take the key is out of the ignition. Don't have anything plugged in the socket beforehand.

The fuse chart is folded up, and wedged next to the jack and its' housing in the spare wheel well.

Thank you both - It is exactly as you described. Pulled out the fuse and see it was blown. I had a 20amp fuse lying about and I stuck that in and whola....

DO they need to be of certain standard for Merc? One I had was from my old car bought from Halfords.. Charging works fine with that fuse in :)

Thank you once ahain!

Thank you both - It is exactly as you described. Pulled out the fuse and see it was blown. I had a 20amp fuse lying about and I stuck that in and whola....

DO they need to be of certain standard for Merc? One I had was from my old car bought from Halfords.. Charging works fine with that fuse in :)

Thank you once ahain!

A fuse is a fuse.....10p from Halfords, £1 from MB!

Please put a 15A fuse in. Its only 5A, but the fuse is there to protect the wiring, or else it can melt if there is a problem. And the wiring is designed for 15A continuous current only.

Its one of the most likely places to have a problem because things get stuck down the cigarette lighter and 3rd party devices get plugged into them.

Merc have started using fuses marked 15S (or 10S, ...) , which I think are silver plated. (perhaps an excuse to charge even more!!) - but replacing a 15 with a non merc 15 will save you £. I can't bring myself to do that though so I have a set of merc fuses for adding to Mercs if we add a fuse :)

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom