front coil springs e250 cdi avantgarde estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ronaldthecat

Car
mercedes e250 cdi avangarde estate 2011.
hi. i have a problem with 2 new front coil springs just been fitted . the car is sitting to low the springs i fitted wher kyb ra3348. i contacted them before buying and they confirmed they were correct ones.

hi. i have a problem with 2 new front coil springs just been fitted . the car is sitting to low the springs i fitted wher kyb ra3348. i contacted them before buying and they confirmed they were correct ones.

Not as simple as fitting aftermarket springs as there are many different ones depending on the optoins fitted to the car.

Many years ago we asked local garage to fit 2 of our W211 with new OEM front springs, when we got the first car back it sat way different to the other one. They had used "springsrus" or the likes for the springs.
They had to get OEM and do the first one again with OEM. ;)

They may well be the correct springs. Its possible someone moved the bottom cup clip down on the last springs. The shocks are adjustable...

The old springs should have had a colour coding , normally three different coloured bands and that is what dictates the correct spring. It is based on the options fitted to the car , more (heavy) options require different spring rates.

When i did mine on the CLS i removed them and took them to MB Grangemouth and they fitted the correct ones for my car ,with no issues.

There is a points system to calculate the correct spring , even having the HK audio has an impact on the numbers.

Kenny

The old springs should have had a colour coding , normally three different coloured bands and that is what dictates the correct spring. It is based on the options fitted to the car , more (heavy) options require different spring rates.

The Datacard will show the correct MB part number for the springs. If buying after-market, it is important to check that they cross-reference with the particular MB part numbers for the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom