Front Discs C220

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kerabo

Car
2006 C220 Estate
Does anyone have problems with brake shake from the front? My C220 2006 has sports suspension and 330mm discs. I changed them last year but now have the shake back when braking. As I had hit a pothole and damaged a wheel I was blaming that but with the wheel now straight I have a shake with a knock when braking. I guess I must have done 10000 miles. Not original discs as I would need a loan to get those but from Germany.
I have also changed all front suspension arms and roll bar links but still have a knock.
Thanks

The hub face needs to be squeaky clean before new discs are fitted or you will get vibration when braking. Generally they appear to be initially OK, but then develop the shake/vibration some time later when they have done several thousand miles, wheel bearing end float needs to be spot on. I have a pair of Brembo's waiting to fitted to mine, I am living in hope that I don't end up with the same problem.

They range from £78 to about £150 on eBay. Then Pads on top. Not sure about Original Mercedes parts.
If you have the same be sure you don't have a bent Wheel rim as even though I didn't have a steering shake I had a brake shake after hitting the pothole.
They were fine when first fitted. I guess you get what you pay for.

Wow the W203 got 330mm , in the same application W204 got just 295 mm !

Get a quote from MB for the brakes, they are very reasonable for service items. You may be surprised.

I have 330mm brakes on my 350. Its a low mileage car but both my front discs are warped (none OEM and 10k old), I get brake shake as well.

I recently bought Brembo drilled discs and genuine pads to do all all round the car from Autodoc as they came in at the same price as el cheapo from ECP. I will get them fitted in the next few weeks a long with the HD link arms and let you know how they are.

Kerabo, no idea where you got the idea that buying OEM discs would need you to take out a mortgage before they are affordable ??

Last year I bought 2 OEM 345mm cross drilled vented genuine Brembo brake discs to fit my C55 for the princely sum of £109.92 plus VAT...for the PAIR ! (Eurocarparts)

Shop around a bit more, not saying buying OEM will fix your 'fault' but it will help eliminate the discs from the equation. :thumb:

GSF are currently doing 60% off on brakes.

Kerabo, no idea where you got the idea that buying OEM discs would need you to take out a mortgage before they are affordable ??

Last year I bought 2 OEM 345mm cross drilled vented genuine Brembo brake discs to fit my C55 for the princely sum of £109.92 plus VAT...for the PAIR ! (Eurocarparts)

Shop around a bit more, not saying buying OEM will fix your 'fault' but it will help eliminate the discs from the equation. :thumb:
I have to admit they do seem cheaper than when I last looked.
I never realised there would be a problem with lower price ones, well not as quickly as this anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom