Front emblem on CLS?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W126

Car
CLS 55 AMG
Folks,

I used to have a black front emblem on my cls and thought I would give a chrome one a whirl.

Before

After (Yes, I know my drive desperately needs power washed lol)

It appears that the old emblem has been butchered in the past and siliconed back on :wallbash: All but one clip is broken, which isn't an issue as I have a nice shiny new one to go on.

However, it appears that the insert which holds it in to the grille is also a bit worse for wear as can be seen in the photo below, with some of the clips that meet the emblem are also broken, see right hand side and bottom left. I didn't have time to look properly.

Am I safe to assume this insert a replaceable part?

Thanks
Neil

Must admit I prefer the chrome star. Did exactly the same to mine,before changing out the whole grille to a single slatted version!

Hmm, i mailed MB stealer and here is the reply, i think i can see why they resorted to silicone!!!

Good Morning Neil.

I have looked into this for you. This part although might like it can be removed, this is only supplied with the grille. The RRP on this would be £349.20, however considering you have purchased several items in the past, we can supply for £296.76.

Regards .

The RRP on this would be £349.20, however considering you have purchased several items in the past, we can supply for £296.76.

Regards .

Absolute bargain! :p:p:p

Is the part the same as fitted to a standard grill? You might be able to pick up a complete grill from ebay for not too much.

I'd be looking at a decent adhesive though if it can be done without being visible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom