Front Grill Nicked !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryan Allman

SUPPORTER
Car
SLK55 (R172) 62.
Some scroat nicked the central black grill off the front of my 04 E55 yesterday while it was parked in a 'secure' car park in High Wycombe !! The car had been parked in the same place for 5 days in succession and I guess it just became too tempting a target for someone :(

So, if anyone has one, or knows where I might get one at a reasonable price, I would be most grateful :)

Cheers

Surely if the car park is "secure" parking then they must have some insurance cover to replace your nicked part, otherwise it isn't secure!? :crazy:

Keep an eye oneBay -

A grille remarkably similar to yours might be advertised locally in the near future .

I talked to the company that runs the car park on behalf of the council, but of course the first thing they reminded me about were the notices all over the car park absolving them of any responsibility ......... It would seem the cameras are a 'precaution/deterrent' but not to be relied on. I guess the scroat knew that ..... :(

So it's a trip to MB on Monday to see what can be done in terms of pricing - current ebay/google searches would suggest about £200 for a bit of mesh!! I think some chicken wire painted black might be the route .... :)

Sorry to hear that Bryan

Bryan Allman said:
I talked to the company that runs the car park on behalf of the council, but of course the first thing they reminded me about were the notices all over the car park absolving them of any responsibility ......... It would seem the cameras are a 'precaution/deterrent' but not to be relied on. I guess the scroat knew that ..... :(

So it's a trip to MB on Monday to see what can be done in terms of pricing - current ebay/google searches would suggest about £200 for a bit of mesh!! I think some chicken wire painted black might be the route .... :)

Interesting, so did the cameras work or were they negligent in maintaining them and in what way are they advertising the car park as secure? I'm not a lawyer but I suspect there may be a case to answer here by the council as I can't see them absolving all responsibility when they haven't been in any way responsible and yet describing the car park as secure when it isn't! :)

Last edited:
The car park provided a secure environment for the thieves whilst they worked, free from prying eyes and other intrusions that would infringe their civil liberties and human rights.

I have a grill on eBay but its off a w211. Not sure if it will fit. Only 40 quid

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Wycombe Abbey crew I would have thought.

We have a couple of Merc Sprinters in our company car park, the scumbags stolen the catalytic convertor leaving the rest of exhaust system behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom