Front headlight lens corrosion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbenz1

MB Enthusiast
Car
'08 C320 CDI Sport w/ Advcd. Agility Package
Hi all

Need some knowledge regarding lens corrosion removal. Can someone advise on what the best method is to remove a rough surface of 'corrosion' from a plastic headlight lens. The corrosion feels very rough - something like rust but on a plastic surface and is reducing the light visibility. What kinds of polish/chemicals and other items will be needed to remove the rough surface and is the job tricky or not so tricky. Thanks in advance.

Try googling headlight restoration and you'll see there are DIY products and services available for this. I seem to recall an MBClub thread on it.

Edited to add: google headlight restoration mbclub and you'll see it's been covered a few times.

Bobby Dazzler said:
Try googling headlight restoration and you'll see there are DIY products and services available for this. I seem to recall an MBClub thread on it.

Edited to add: google headlight restoration mbclub and you'll see it's been covered a few times.

Restoration - that was the word I was after! Lol. I will do the google search - thanks

andy27168 said:
Hi,
Not sure what part of a 202 headlight you are talking about as all OEM headlights have a glass lens.
There are headlight restoration kits available for both plastic and glass IIRC,
Heres a buyers guide of some available,
Top Headlight restoration kits | Headlight restoration kits Buying Guide ? Consumer Reports

It's for my mum's renault - it has plastic lens headlights. Thanks for the guide, will have a look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom