Front number holder: flat not curved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Update to this thread. I could not found a flat front plate holder but did manage to find a pair of Wurth plate holders with the front one being curved. The front curved plate holder matches the curve of the original mounting plate exactly:

1658507865014.png 1658507938789.png

Here are pics of the plates in the new plate holders:

The rear plate holder was a straight swap, with the holes aligning perfectly. The front required some fettling as it was setting off the passenger side parking sensor, so had to be fitted about 1cm higher that the original mounting plate. The front mounting plate is still in place with the new plate holder mounted over the top.

If anyone is interested here is a link to the curved plate holder. The seller also does a pair of holders and will swap in a curved one.

Attachments

• 1658507900133.png
    1658507900133.png
    825.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Dhilz. I am glad you found a solution you are happy with . But I personally do not like the look , it looks too 'fussy' in the photos, little black plastic bit's all around the plates, but that's just my opinion.

And you are obviously aware that the spacing of the characters might attract the wrong kind of attention from the law.

Dhilz. I am glad you found a solution you are happy with . But I personally do not like the look , it looks too 'fussy' in the photos, little black plastic bit's all around the plates, but that's just my opinion.

And you are obviously aware that the spacing of the characters might attract the wrong kind of attention from the law.
It's just a number plate in a holder on a daily driver 😆

Not a good look at all, as said use the proper holders. The spacing issue is up to you, but your plates appear to have no makers post code or bs number. They are about as illegal as you could get.

How secure are the plates in those holders? Could they easily be prised out?

TBF they do look quite tacky with those little tabs all around the plate/

Just get the proper Wurth number plate holders that go all around. They should be straight but theyre flexible like I said.
No thanks I really like the look of them

Not a good look at all, as said use the proper holders. The spacing issue is up to you, but your plates appear to have no makers post code or bs number. They are about as illegal as you could get.
Illegal? Thanks for pointing that out, I had no idea.

Due to the spacing the whole plate is illegal regardless of whether it had BS numbers or maker postcode and the spacing will be the reason for getting pulled over, not the BS numbers or postcode of the maker.

Having said that, My plates dont have any either and ive had them on my car for 5 years with no issues.

It's just a number plate in a holder on a daily driver 😆........

Indeed they are , but even if they were fitted to something rare they would still look a bit odd. That's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are worth :D

I must add that I pay very little attention number plate holders , but since seeing these photos I have yet to see another car with similar fixings.

It's just a number plate in a holder on a daily driver 😆........

Indeed they are , but even if they were fitted to something rare they would still look a bit odd. That's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are worth :D

I must add that I pay very little attention number plate holders , but since seeing these photos I have yet to see another car with similar fixings.
I really don't understand what your still banging on about :cool: All I did was share my experience to help others who may come across a similar situation. I never asked if the plate holders looked nice or fussy or if the number plates were legal, or if you had seen another car with similar fixings 🤣 Its just one solution of many, you can't please everyone and I was not looking to please anyone, just sharing.

Well just about every reply after you posted the photos shows no love for them . And I am not banging on about it as I clearly stated my opinion is just that , my opinion .

Which seems to be shared somewhat by others on here, but It's your car , do what you feel is right with it.

Oh for heaven's sake give it a rest. You have not added anything useful to this thread.

I did not realise that posts had to be 'useful' , simply a discussion/market place (as in forum ) so we are discussing your choice of number plate holder. No problem.

For the last time , it is just my opinion and as was once famously said by someone . I am paraphrasing here.

' Opinions are like a$$holes , everyone has one but none bear close scrutiny..' :thumb:

That reminds me, I need to get some new fridge magnets

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom