Front number plate location W204 Coupe

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Jay Gatsby, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby Member

Car:
    C-Class Coupe AMG Sport Edition - Premium Plus
    Gents,

Hoping this hasn't already been covered before...

I hate how number plates ruin my beautiful car, especially on the front. Has anyone attached there front plate to the lower grill as opposed to on the bumper itself. Seems to me that it would be more neatly tucked away and interfere with the front look much less? I've attached a pic of sort of what I mean from google, mines a new c class coupe.

image-3509105185.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

2. KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    CLS55 AMG
    Personally I think moving it anywhere other than the standard location ruins the look. Leave it to the Barry cars!

1 person likes this.
  3. Howard

Howard MB Club Veteran

Car:
    CLS 500 / A 150
    Agreed , looks ridiculous anywhere other than where it should be.

4. ARTiSAN

ARTiSAN Member

Car:
    C320 CDI Sport
    I'm all for improving the look and type of number plate used however I agree with the comments above ... the original position looks much better.

5. del320

del320 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1996 E320 Coupe
    ...and how would you propose filling in the space where the number plate resides?

6. grober

grober MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Has to be readily visible to " the authorities" cameras etc and mounted on a vertical surface at the front of the car. That's about it. The Alfa Guilietta has one offset to the left [ which looks OK] but the car front end was designed that way.
    [​IMG]
    Legally speaking if you diverge from the standard manufacturer's position you may invite a "pull" from the boys in blue- mount it too low down and it might be argued that the plate might be too liable to be obscured by road dirt for example. It might also block airflow to a radiator and upset the underbody aerodynamics also.

7. OP
    OP
    Jay Gatsby

Jay Gatsby Member

Car:
    C-Class Coupe AMG Sport Edition - Premium Plus

just remove and plug the holes? Surprised at the resounding 'No', doesnt this look better?

I would have it central, the offset one was the only pic i could find to explain what i meant. I did think about the airflow issue hence my asking. I only have a 5 digit plate so I have short plates too.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014