Front passenger seat removal ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Merciboucoup

Car
B Class W245 2 litres
Hello all!
I have a W245 ... B Class 2006 on, which has a mechanism for removing the front passenger seat.
All goes well until trying to get the rear bar to release.
The manual says:
"Move the front passenger seat to its centre position ... It is only possible to remove the seat without tilting it when it is in this position"
First off, where exactly is this "central position"?
I'm assuming that it has to be spot on because there's some sort of notch or similar.
The front bar comes out easily, and I can tilt the whole seat back, but only so far before the rear bar connections start to resist!
I've tried lifting vertically.
I've tried lifting when the seat is in different fore/aft positions but no clues there.
Any tips please?
Thanks

Mods .... Thanks for moving this again.
Better than in general discussion :thumb:

Sorry to take so long to answer, I have a B Class W245 and to remove the front seats you need to remove the plastic covers front and back of the seats on the floor of the car, this exposes the torx screws which you need to undo. AFAIK that is the only way to remove them and the only way I have removed mine.

Sorry to take so long to answer, I have a B Class W245 and to remove the front seats you need to remove the plastic covers front and back of the seats on the floor of the car, this exposes the torx screws which you need to undo. AFAIK that is the only way to remove them and the only way I have removed mine.
Delay not a problem ... Thanks for posting.
I'll check again but the owners manual shows how to just use a lever.
We have the lever, and the front larchechanism is there and working, but the rear is not.
I'll post some photos at some point to clarify.
Maybe that will mean you get to remove yours!
Thanks again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom