Front passenger UK seat release lever cabriolet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisf-1

Car
W207 2010 E class 350cdi convertible
Hi everyone I have 2010 E350 cabriolet and the lever that you pull on the front passenger seat is broken and the chrome is also peeled off are there any aftermarket replacements as these do not do a satisfactory job at all and I have heard several people have cut themselves on peeling chrome also is there a tutorial anywhere on dismantling for replacement of broken lever , I found one on youtube but it does not show how to access many thanks Chris

Hi Chris. Just found your thread whilst looking for something else. If you haven't already got sorted here is a link on how to remove the handle from your seat. I thought that this would solve my problem - the seat wont slide when tilted - but it didnt. scroll down a bit and there is a link to a couple of pdf's. The first one talks you through the removal of the handle.

Chris

Thanks for your reply I have got that far but the problem I am having is finding how to release the handle and headrest button from the seat I can see no way of getting to it without major surgery any clues anyone

I have taken mine off today. This is how it went:-
Take the back off the seat by unscrewing the two screws in the bottom, Disconnect the wiring that goes into the headrest, You will see a single cable coming from the tilt lever into a small black box with two cables coming out of the bottom. open the lid on this small box and disconnect the single cable. Unclip the u shaped clip on one of headrest spikes, it can bee seen to the left hand side when looking into the back of the seat. Press the button and withdraw the headrest completely out of the seat. Then pull off the plastic trim that is on the seat under where the headrest was.
Unclip the seat fabric near to the holes for the headrest spikes. This exposed two screws. Undo the screws and give the tilt lever and headrest button a sharp pull and it will come out.

My initial stumbling block was the U shaped clip retaining the headrest and once I had found and over come this then everything else went smoothly.

I dont have power headrests on my car so that was one less complication.

Hope that this helps

Thanks very much I will give it another go tomorrow, I had given up and was living with it

The chrome on mine had started to peel off. I have picked off the rest of the chrome, it comes off pretty easily with the handle in situ. At least the kids are not going to cut themselves on them. I have some vinyl wrap which I’m going to have a go with but I’m not confident as the shape is tricky. If I go to the faff of taking them off the seats then I will probably just stump up for new replacements as I will only want to take them off once.

The replacement mechanism I got is like like a brushed aluminium probably still plastic underneath it matches the rest of the interior if successful I will get one to match for the drivers side as the chrome is peeling but this one the lever was actually broken off and had to use pliers to operate

Was that a MB part as a brushed finish would match the rest of the trim in mine. The only ones I have seen have a full chrome finish.

I believe it is an MB part possibly upgrade from original, I got it used from Prestige Parts I still have not got round to fitting it, she who must be obeyed demanded the garden first

WOW, you've got to get your priorities sorted out ! :wallbash:

Hi again I am now about to attack this release lever again and have the brushed aluminium latch in my hand I have taken a pic but the the file is to large to post, the maker of it is GEPRUT

That is the name on the part, google that name with Mercedes, I am doing battle at the moment, I have moved the 2 spring clips 1 each side at bottom of stem tubes of headrest stem but the headrest is still locking at the top of the normal travel Help Please

I'm not sure I can help Chris but I have found this if it's any help.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Finished at last I loosened the circular clips at the bottom and that made no difference I then found a that there is another clip on the left hand tube that I jammed back with a screwdriver and out it came so job done and the kids can now get in from the pavement thanks for the help and encouragement Chris

Was that a MB part as a brushed finish would match the rest of the trim in mine. The only ones I have seen have a full chrome finish.
I have just found one the same as mine listed on ebay item no 114090172727 bit pricey though I gave £50 for mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom