Front / Rear ... Same or staggered for Winter ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks @unimog
Not sure why I haven't had the idea to check in Germany to begin with - being originally German should come in handy when it comes to communication :)

lol yea nothing in 'my' size lol ... but yea - I am sure I am just overthinking this .. I'll just get some Michelin for my OEM wheels ....

Case closed for me I think - found a set of original 19" AMG alloys with new Michelin Alpine MOs for 2k shipped from Germany ... Given the tyres itself are already 1200 I think that was a good deal - oh and they come with TPMS fitted already.

Last edited:
Case closed for me I think - found a set of original 19" AMG alloys with new Michelin Alpine MOs for 2k shipped from Germany ... Given the tyres itself are already 1200 I think that was a good deal - oh and they come with TPMS fitted already.
Sounds perfect 👌🏻

Sounds perfect 👌🏻
Yep quite happy. All Mercedes approved and original. All good. Mercedes quoted me between 350 and 400 quid for TMPS and fitting / balancing etc. So I’d be pushing 2k alone with just tyres and TPMS.

Gotta say - £2k including shipping from Germany, 2x (9.5 x 19 ET 25) and 2x (9.5 x 19 ET 52) with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 MO winter tires and OEM TPMS is not bad.
Although I don't think the AMG center caps actually work on those.

And its the exact set described on the magic Mercedes system for approved tyres ... They will likely last years to come.

Attachments

• Tyre3.jpg
    Tyre3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Tyre2.jpg
    Tyre2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 15
  • tyre1.jpg
    tyre1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 15
Gotta say - £2k including shipping from Germany, 2x (9.5 x 19 ET 25) and 2x (9.5 x 19 ET 52) with Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 MO winter tires and OEM TPMS is not bad.
Although I don't think the AMG center caps actually work on those.

And its the exact set described on the magic Mercedes system for approved tyres ... They will likely last years to come.
Great deal. One of my favourite wheel designs. I agree the centre caps don't look right.

when i got the brabus wheels for my coupe, i basically relegated the original wheels to winter use, and fitted the standard sizes to those (17" and staggered) told the insurance about the upgrade, and that it would likely only be for half the year, they were interested in the new wheels obviously, but didn't care less if they were switched back and forth through the year. Also although I told them winter use, I never told them "Winter Tyres"

Another reason for the winters on the smaller wheels is that there was higher sidewall and more flex, and the 17's were a tiny bit narrower all round.

Last year was a waste of winter tyres, and this year the brabus rims need a refurb so i'm just leaving them on with my General Altimax One S's on there! purely for cost reasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom