Front sam s211 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nabz1

Car
legnum vr4
Hey guys hope someone can help, need to replace my front sam(engine bay) as it's no longer working, called my local mercedes a few days ago to get a price they told me it was £269 but at the time they couldnt process the payment ..i called them back today and i am now being told the part is £630 as they made a mistake originally, is this a reasonable price?...cant seem to find a used part online anywhere with the same part codes can someone advise please:(

Why do you want a "used part"?

Have you asked a Main Dealer for a price on the part?

No point asking us to be honest at this point as we do not know the part number you are referring to. ;)

Why do you want a "used part"?

Have you asked a Main Dealer for a price on the part?

No point asking us to be honest at this point as we do not know the part number you are referring to. ;)
They quoted me £630 exc vat just seems a bit steep...would ideally like a new part but if a good used one is available and a less then half the price then it saves me money...was hoping someone could direct me to a website etc where i can purchase one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200529-221250_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200529-221250_Gallery.jpg
    785.3 KB · Views: 7
As always part numbers and VIN's are the useful stuff.

We should have a sticky. :) A bit like saying I need a new tyre for my car where is cheapest. :)

Original partA 211 545 40 01
Replaced byA 211 545 44 01
Current partA 211 545 91 01

A2115459101 is showing as €861 at Teile. ;)

Is the front SAM still accessible? i.e. can it be read by a diagnostic machine.

Is the front SAM still accessible? i.e. can it be read by a diagnostic machine.
Nope and i had a look at the part itself and it has had water in it at some point

As always part numbers and VIN's are the useful stuff.

We should have a sticky. :) A bit like saying I need a new tyre for my car where is cheapest. :)

Original partA 211 545 40 01
Replaced byA 211 545 44 01
Current partA 211 545 91 01

A2115459101 is showing as €861 at Teile. ;)

:oops:
I shall have to go down the used path ☹ ..thanks for the info much appreciated

Nope and i had a look at the part itself and it has had water in it at some point
Oh well... You will have to go new part. The installers will pull the SAM's coding via the MB online database so the new part will work in your car straight away with no issues.

If you was able to read the old part, you could actually just copy the coding from the old SAM to a used SAM.

Oh well... You will have to go new part. The installers will pull the SAM's coding via the MB online database so the new part will work in your car straight away with no issues.

If you was able to read the old part, you could actually just copy the coding from the old SAM to a used SAM.
So what about a used part would that not work without coding it?

The used part would work but you may get odd errors, as that has been coded to the previous vehicle. E.g. You may find that a function is not working in your car because the previous car didn’t have such function/feature installed, so it will need some fine tuning.

Or you could get lucky and the previous car has exactly the same coding as your car.

Does anyone have one of these for sale?, i am unable to post in the wanted section :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom