Front Seat Base Cushion Loose - W203

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martin

Car
C200K Avantgarde, MINI One & Classic Mini
The leather seat base cushion on my 2001 W203 C200K is loose and rocking up and down on one side of the drivers seat.

I found the remains of a broken black plastic bracket (on the floor underneath) which clamps over a round metal bar under the front of the seat base cushion. Also 2 unbroken clear plastic rivets which hold this black plastic bracket in place on the metal seat base plate.
If I can get a new replacement plastic seat bracket, does anyone know how the plastic rivets are held in place in the 2 holes in the metal base or what needs to be dismantled to get inside?
I suppose the bodge method would be a large ty-wrap.............I'm a bit surprised the seat is held together with breakable plastic brackets anyway! :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help or advice. :)

Last edited:
About 1 Euro each. Make sure you do both of them.

Thanks, are they just a plastic rivet type push-fit into position?

Last edited:
Looks like black plastic rivert expands the clear plastic to make it secure, pic is from top of seat base with foam removed look on left hand side.

Lynall

Last edited:
Thanks, are they just a plastic rivet type push-fit into position?

Very strange design. An expansion plug arrangement with a u-clamp which fastens around a pipe in the seat frame and pushes into the seat bottom with two pins.

Really annoying as it requires considerable force to insert and remove. They always break or crack on removal (so that they break next time).

The 2005+ seats use metal parts with a screw fastener.

You just need to push fit the rivets, its easy to do.

I did this for member at on of the GTG at MB World, it takes two minutes.,

Thanks everyone for your help & pics, fitted the new parts as advised but proved to be much easier with someone seating in the seat to hold the base down firmly while I pushed home the plastic clamp and rivets from below.

Hope they were female or your pic will be the the sport:D

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom