Front speaker pods w202 - removal question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Only me

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to remove the oem speakers / mounts from the front doors of a 98 w202 without taking the entire door card off?
Can the bottom section of the door card (with side pocket) be removed or does the whole lot have to come off?

I had a look at the weekend and could get 3 out of the four screws out but not the 4th.
I have a set of speakers kicking around I was going to fit - but I do not know if I want the hassle of removing the door cards!!
Bitter experience has told me that I always break loads of clips / do minor damage when I start this type of work.

Even if it was possible to do it by removing the some of the lower door card clips only to get a bit of space - that would be preferable!

Anyone done it?

GB

OOPS - I should have done a better job of searching on the forum.!!

I have now found ouyt there are only 3 speaker mounting screws - and having tried again I found that the speaker was being held (rather firmly) by the wiring rather than a fourth screw!:eek:

Looks like it will be a much easier job than I was anticipating.

YAAAY! :bannana:

GB

My 1997 202 front speakers are mounted on the door panel covered with a plastic cover. This plastic cover can be plied off from the bottom after removing a tiny screw.

Do not tighten the speaker mounting screws too tight when fixing it because it will distort the metal frame of the speakers resulting in sound distortion.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom