Front Suspension W210 T Avantgarde

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by bill_mill_65, Jul 24, 2008.

1. bill_mill_65

bill_mill_65 New Member

Car:
    1999 E-Class T Avantgarde, ST Fiesta
    My first post!
    My car bottoms out quite easilly when driving on A roads. Speed bumps require glacial speeds to negotiate. I've just changed the front springs, fitting OE items from an official dealership, which has helped, but I suspect that the Monroe dampers that are fitted may not be correct for my particular model. Any suggestions please? Or is this typical ? It's a 3.0L diesel, with 18" AMG alloys with 235 40s.

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Banned

Car:
    Peugeot 403 Convertible
    If the dampers are original they will be shot, a new set will make a vast difference. An avantgarde model will tend to contact the road anyway sometimes due to being lower.

3. OP
    OP
    bill_mill_65

bill_mill_65 New Member

Car:
    1999 E-Class T Avantgarde, ST Fiesta
    Thanks, the dampers were fitted a month ago when I picked the car up from a trader. I think they are a "one size fits all" aftermarket job. I assume that the diesel and autobox make this the heaviest E-Class and so maybe a bit much for the dampers.