Front tyre rubbing issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ralphisthedogs

Car
C220 CDI with Brabus Xtra Power
Hi all,

First time poster here hoping for a bit of advise.
I have just bought some khan rsx alloys, the size is 19" x 8.5 not sure about the offset. (I am waiting for them to get back to me). The front wheels seem too wide and are rubbing on the areches when going over bumps and dips in the road. Is there anything that I can do to combat this? I have emailed Kahn to see if they do a slightly smaller rim or different offset. If this is not possible is there anything I can do short of sending them back?

Thanks in advance for your help.

It means your arches are not wide enough for the wheels.

Or more to the point, those wheels are to tall and wide for your car.

I have 18x8J on the front of the S210 but only up to 235/40-18 and only then because it has rolled arches. 245/40-18 rub on the arches, which is/was dangerous. The tyre shop fitted the 245/40-18 in error.

You need to check the maximum size tyres front and back that your car will take.

What size tyres are on your wheels?

would i need to change the rear tyres too do you think?? they are 235/35/19 also, the dont seem to rub but saying that i have had nobody in the back seats.

Yes, they must have the same diameter or the cruise control will not work.

The rolling radius only needs to be the same as standard on the axle that the speed sensor take off is on I would have thought.

This, one assumes, would normally be the front axle so a diff profile on the rear would not up set things duly.

Some cars have a diff profile front to rear as standard if they have a staggered wheel setup, mine has.

In any event I doubt things like Cruise would simply just not work but would just be out of calibration much like a speedo reading would be on a bigger or smaller rolling radius.

Last edited:
All wheels are monitored for ABS and cruise control. As long as each tyre has the same rolling radius it will all work OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom