Front tyres bigger than the rears??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickmann

Car
Porsche 911
Hi,

I was looking at my steering (see other post) and I've just noticed that my front tyres are 205 and the rears are 195. Is this correct? Shurely shome mishtake? (I have the standard factory alloys)

Thanks
Nick Mann
1997 c240 Elegance Estate

nickmann said:
Hi,

I was looking at my steering (see other post) and I've just noticed that my front tyres are 205 and the rears are 195. Is this correct? Shurely shome mishtake? (I have the standard factory alloys)

Thanks
Nick Mann
1997 c240 Elegance Estate

Just checked mine (240 sal) 195 all round on mine

nickmann said:
They are the wrong way around! Wider tyres should be at the rear where they're needed more! :)

By way of comparison Sport spec C240's are shod on 205 tyres all round.

*EDIT* 205-55x16 to be more precise. As Shude has said, if anything you should have the wider tyres on the back of the car not the front.

S.

Last edited:
Steve_Perry said:
*EDIT* 205-55x16 to be more precise. As Shude has said, if anything you should have the wider tyres on the back of the car not the front.
Well, you could probably fit 195/65/16 onto the wheels too, as well as 225/50/16. I know the w210 sometimes has different sized tyres on the same wheels as the w202, I don't know why they do that.

Thanks for your comments; now I have a job for when it stops raining...

Ta
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom