Front wheel angle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonk

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI Estate Sport
Hi, I noticed this yesterday. I have a facelift c220 estate and whilst parked with the wheels at full right lock, the wheel angle made me think something was wrong!
Have a look at the attached photo. Is this normal?! Something to do with amg sports steering / suspension? It just looks wrong to me.
I'd rather look stupid here than take it to a dealer. I've only had it 6/7 weeks.
Cheers.

Attachments

• image-1587997187.jpg
    image-1587997187.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 30
Nothing wrong- Mercedes have always been famous for their excellent turning circles- something to do with their German taxi heritage perhaps. The change in camber as increasing lock is applied is a function of this. One of the hidden benefits of the marque
Its a function of the car's castor/camber suspension geometry-- trying to find a diagram that shows this but unsuccessful so far.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong- Mercedes have always been famous for their excellent turning circles- something to do with their German taxi heritage perhaps. The change in camber as increasing lock is applied is a function of this. One of the hidden benefits of the marque
Its a function of the car's castor/camber suspension geometry-- trying to find a diagram that shows this but unsuccessful so far.

Apart from their front wheel drive cars, turning circle not so good.

Apart from their front wheel drive cars, turning circle not so good.
Was forgetting the FWD models to honest.:eek: I think the driveshaft /hub/UJ geometry precludes turning the wheels through large angles.:(

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think it was a major thing else I wouldn't drive it!

Just never noticed it on other cars before.

Have a good years eve!

Was forgetting the FWD models to honest.:eek: I think the driveshaft /hub/UJ geometry precludes turning the wheels through large angles.:(

I thought that my 124 4Matic was designed to drive over & through things as opposed to bothering with the steering to go around them?

That depends on how much the manufacturer wants to pay for decent CV joints.
My FWD cars have tight turning circles, but I once had a Honda that needed more room than the Queen Mary II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom