Frosted or Clear.....

Do you like the clear indicators ?

• Yeah baby , they look cool ! keep 'em on .....

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • No man, they look poor .... consign them to the circular file !!

Votes: 26 63.4%
  • I'm gonna sit on the fence.....

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Ok chaps and chapesses......

I have bitten the bullet and bought some clear indicators for my w124 coupe, this is after already replacing the orange ones with frosted clear ones !! :rolleyes:

I quite like them, but am not totally sold, so i would like your comments please (nothing too derogatory ...... :eek: )

More pictures

I say frosted, the clear ones are nice but they make you headlights look old (does that make any sense??)

I reckon they both look nice but I would go for the silver bulbs. Would look much nicer IMHO :)

Mambo said:
I say frosted, the clear ones are nice but they make you headlights look old (does that make any sense??)

Argree, I love the clear ones but without none clear headlights looks odd...

Still voting for the clear though :D

Mambo said:

Sorry but got too agree with Mambo on that the clear ones make the headlamps look dull and tarnished

I voted clear in error :crazy: I have frosted ones on mine and they look well cool.

I'd like to bale Ian out, but I am voting frosted.

Sorry,
John

Sorry Howard, I went for frosted - clear ones don't match the headlights and you see the bulb.
And another thing - 124 coupe owners should not be uttering "Yeah baby, they look cool..." :D

Frosted!

I had the choice of clear when I removed my amber lenses.
I did't feel that they matched the headlights, frosted seem to work well.
Also as suggested earlier, I would go for the silver bulbs. They will help you lose the fried egg look of the indicators ;)

Ian B Walker said:
I voted clear in error :crazy: I have frosted ones on mine and they look well cool.

I have amended the poll results to correct your error.

I vote for frosted.

del320 said:
Sorry Howard, I went for frosted - clear ones don't match the headlights and you see the bulb.
And another thing - 124 coupe owners should not be uttering "Yeah baby, they look cool..." :D

LOL !!! :D what is the correct expression then Del ?

can you get clear lenses for the 124 ??

Ive just replaced my fosted bix to clear ones, replaced the frosted indicators on the mirrors too and boy they do look rather nice.

I vote GO CLEAR

andy_cyp said:
can you get clear lenses for the 124 ??

Ive just replaced my fosted bix to clear ones, replaced the frosted indicators on the mirrors too and boy they do look rather nice.

I vote GO CLEAR

I've got clear lenses for my w124 , just not sure if i like 'em .....

I've got to say that I prefer the frosted look. A subtle mod (frosted that is!) which makes the car appear younger, but still appears OEM and tasteful to most people.

The clear indicators, although perhaps nice for some cars, just don't look quite 'natural' on a W124. Maybe it's the headlights as someone has said, but they stand out too much, which doesn't do it for me.

At least they are quick and easy to swap, so you can choose from one week to the next :D

Will

Thanks for the corrected vote Graham

Last edited:
del320 said:

Mid life crisis :rolleyes: :eek: . 57 years young and loving life :D

Frosted.

The clear ones stand out too much, and don't look right combined with the standard headlights.

Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom