Frozen Planet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
After last weeks excellent episode I was looking forward to another good show this evening.

It was outstanding, again.

It's shows of this ilk, generally anything to do with David Attenborough, that justify the licence fee in their own right.

It will be a sad day when Sir David hangs up his Chino's and old battered suitcase.

He does of course make the program, but as he himself said the other day, credit where its due, and thats to the producers who 'know' where to leave cameras to capture the shots.

How do they know ??

The last 10 minutes of each show I'm finding the most interesting. The "How do they do it" bit.

The thieving penguins made us laugh though.

The way the photographers were blown over shows the effort made to bring it to our screens.

stunning episode. i was gobsmacked with the quality of photography and attention to detail, the story flowed very well and how they got the camera to certain positions, i will never know

Totally agree with all of the above. Recent article in the Telegraph magazine about the producer was enlightening as well - amazing career and dedication too.

130mph winds were interesting as well.

It's shows of this ilk ... that justify the licence fee in their own right.

Excuse the re-post below but I can't help it - every time I see someone post something like Red C220 has above:

£145 for a TV licence. It's a disgrace!

It's far too low. The excellent service the BBC provides - it should be at least £1000.*

There are many superb programmes - let's not forget the Test card. It is quite magnificent; It justifies the licence fee on its own.

Personally, I think the fee is too low. I would gladly sell my house and all its contents to help the BBC.

* (Adjusted for inflation since this sentiment was first aired).

Oh man, I love these and have missed this series... hope its repeated sometime on sky.

Oh man, I love these and have missed this series... hope its repeated sometime on sky.

Jay
Only 2 shows in so still time to catch up or wait for the DVD which will inevitably follow.:bannana:

its on iPlayer so you can catch up easily Jay

The thieving penguins made us laugh though.

That is very funny. Especially when the first one works out what is going on.

I watched all the other ones he's done like Living Planet and they are incredible.

Thanks... its not the sort of thing id watch on I player... has to be on the proper telly with a proper sound system!

You need to get hold of a TV with iPlayer on it.

We've just got one - it's great! Wifi directly onto the TV - in HD too - just like the real thing!

huh! U can do that?

My TV is a new Sony one with networking capability.... does that mean I can make it work somehow?!

really? excellent!

note to self... must read instructions....

yeh right..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom