Fruitier exhaust for CLS500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phil1968

Car
W219 CLS 500, W447 Vito 114 CDI
Hi there, just bought a very clean low-mileage 2006 CLS500 (5.0) & would love to liberate some of that lovely V8 sound. Listening to some of the clips on YouTube I'm torn between doing a resonator delete or a rear silencer delete. I'm after an increase in sound but not something that's going to be irritating (if that's possible with a V8 ;)) on a longer run. Some of the resonator deletes (with silencers still in place) I listened to seemed to make a strange sort of 'flappy' noise. Can anyone who's done either mod give feedback please. I also intend to delete the secondary cats as I understand that liberates a little more sound as well.

Don't delete the rear silencer unless you like droning.
Its a lot better with just secondary cats and resonator removed.

I'm looking at these options for my CLK430. I'll be interested to hear what you decide and the end result.

I've just had the secondary de-cat and x-pipe fitted by Imran @ Torqueflow on my CLS55. I didn't notice any drone on the motorway. It sounds great on throttle, nice deep sound, but not much more louder when driving sensibly around town. I previously had just the resonator delete, which again was fine without any drone, but the V8 sounded far too quiet for my liking.

I used to have teh cut out valves between 1st and second cats. once they were open, the interior was rattling like hell and the noise was loud as hell. Best for cold starts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom