FS: 1998 C180 Elegance Accident Damaged.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
I've been asked by my business partner to list his car for spares/repair.

It is located in Biggin Hill, Kent. It runs and drives but would need to be trailered away.

It is an insurance Total Loss and will be categorised as such, I'm assuming it will be Cat D but will change that if it turns out to be anything other than that. The insurance settlement letter is available for any prospective purchaser to view.

It suffered a low speed light nsf impact, no structural damage has occurred as far as can be seen.

The crack in the windscreen was present before the accident, so is not a result of any serious movement of the shell.

This was actually a nice tidy car before this accident and as it's been garaged all it's life unusually has very little sign of rust.

I've been emailed the following description:-

C180 Elegance
First Registered - 2nd September 1998 at Malaya Mercedes in Bromley

Service Record as follows -

27-01-01 @ 7955 miles (Have invoice from Medway Mercedes)
1-4-03 @ 17247 miles (Have invoice from Maidstone Mercedes)
14-6-05 @ 24052 miles (Have invoice from Maidstone Mercedes)
3-9-07 @ 29610 miles (No invoice but stamped in book by Emerald Services in Sittingbourne)
26-7-12 @ 49020 miles (No stamp but invoice from Sunningvale Service Station, Biggin Hill)

The mileage on the car currently is about 55k.

I have all of the MOT certificates from 2009 until now (Runs out 10th Sept 2013), however between the early service invoices and the MOT's it confirms the mileage is genuine.

The front Windscreen needs replacing and the 'Central Locking Regualtor' is no good, this means that the key needs to be use on the doors and the boot, this is also connected (apparently) to the pointless button that you press and the rear headrests go down.....they dont. I never got the regulator replaced as I was quoted around £500 to replace and fit.

It has had 3 owners. My Grandad who bought it from new and died in 2001. This then transferred into the name of my grandmother, who then passed it to me in August 2010 when she could no longer drive.

I have been quoted around £1000-£1200 to fix it, this would mainly be with pattern parts, New Bonnet, Wing, Headlamp, Bumper spray etc.

The inside has a few stains on the seats, it would just need a valet which we never did, as well as the damage from the accident it has a scuff on the rear bumper corner.

The alloys are OK, some scuffs where the kerbs have been used like rails for some reason (a woman thing). Where we lived in the lanes it has also run down a few bushes in the last few years but I recon this could all be t-cut out. Panels are all straight, not even any car park marks.

She is affectionately known as "The Duchess".

The insurers offered so little the intention was to buy back and repair, however in the interim he bought another runabout and the motivation to repair this one has now gone.

Open to offers - he's not willing to part this out - it goes as is and you buy the lot.

Questions to Paul at atsq2 at btinternet dot com

IMG_0519_zps08b5dfc5.jpg

IMG_0511_zps29659cae.jpg

IMG_0525_zpsf9395110.jpg

IMG_0523_zps539b0879.jpg

IMG_0517_zpsdce232f8.jpg

IMG_0515_zps2635c77f.jpg

IMG_0513_zps99b51d59.jpg

PM me if you'd like the seller mobile number, it's not something I want to post in open forum.

SOLD, to a forum member who is going to bring it back to life for his father.

The seller is delighted about this as he didn't want to see it broken for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom