FS: 1999 E55 AMG (W210), £5900

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sand-Dancer

Car
Mercedes CL500
Very reluctant sale of my 1999 E55 AMG. Only moving it on as my wife and I are opening up a coffee shop, and the funds would be welcome.

1999 E55 AMG
5.5 litre V8
5 speed auto transmission
380bhp
MOT until October 2018 - zero advisories on the last one.
164k miles
Recent major welding, including new OS sill. Now solid underneath
Recently resprayed in it's original colour of Brilliant Silver (code 744)
Original 18" staggered Monoblock alloys
Huge history, with hundreds of receipts, old MOT's, photos

Spec:
Full black nappa leather interior
Heated electric memory front seats
Cruise Control
Remote central locking/boot release
Dual zone climate control/air-conditioning
Electric sunroof/windows/mirrors
Electric rear window privacy blind
K&N air filters

Previously owned by an employee of AMG, the main cats have been deleted (approved AMG upgrade). Secondary cats are still in place, and there is no issue with MOT emissions. This modification increases power from 350bhp to 380bhp, and improves mpg significantly. I recently ran down to London (Ace Cafe) and back, and on the return journey, whilst sat at 70mph with the cruise control on, the 272 miles used slightly over half a tank. Round the doors, 400 miles per tank is attainable. Fantastic for a 5.5 litre V8. It also sounds fantastic.

When I bought the car, the headlights had gone opaque and milky as they usually do. After using various grades of wet and dry, and a machine polisher, the lenses are now completely transparent and really improve the front end of the car. There was also a vane missing on the front grille, so this was also replaced. On top of the welding and respray, other small improvements have been made and I have spent quite a bit of money on it. I don't mind though, as this is a special car, and now looks as special as it should do.

Anyone who knows these will appreciate that this engine and transmission together is probably the best, most bullet-proof AMG combination.

These have a limiter on at 155mph, which they will hit easily. They are rapid. However, they are also a relaxed cruiser, and are equally at home simply munching up those motorway miles at around 2000rpm.

Bad bits:
Only one key
Parking sensors don't work
Air-con needs a re-gas

All in all, it has to be one of the smartest E55's around. It drives like a dream and sounds awesome. An awesome car, with a great history, recently welded, resprayed and getting rare. As a result, these are starting to go up in value. These will be £10k in the near future, so they are a bargain at the minute.

Tons of pics and info in my build thread on Retro Rides...

1999 Mercedes E55 AMG, £5995/offers, Teesside | Retro Rides

Car is located on Teesside (Saltburn, TS12), however, I will help out in any way I can. I'll even deliver it within reason as long as my costs and return rail fare are covered. I can also pick the new owner up from local train stations (Middlesbrough, Darlington or Newcastle) or airport (Durham-Tees Valley or Newcastle)

It's on Car and Classic for £6500, but I'm looking for offers around £5900 from a fellow MBClub member.

Thanks for looking
Chris

RN838JX.jpg

lMxxQbj.jpg

6tj7Wln.jpg

pFpy5UW.jpg

PB

PB

Still available.

We could do with the funds to go towards our new business venture (tea and coffee shop), so all offers welcomed and considered.

Chris

Trying desperately not to sound desperate for a sale, but I'm very open to sensible offers from MBClub members. Need the cash in the bank for the new shop.

Can I tempt anyone at £5500?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom