FS: 2002 ML270cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gIzzE

MB Enthusiast
Car
65 plate BMW F11 Touring (165k miles) + Porsche 911 Carrera 4 (140k miles) Doing my bit to be green.
I am going to advertise this as we don't really need a second 4x4, but if I am honest I don't really want to let it go, I am being told that it is silly to have a second 4x4. :rolleyes:

The car is in pretty good nick all round.

The bad bits are...

Rear passenger side arch has a crease on it, not sharp but you can see it when looking.
Rear bumper has a small crack in it, just on the corner.
Rear anti roll bar bushes will need doing soon as they have not been done yet.

The arches had a couple of cracks in them from stone chips, and being a Merc thought best to take it all back to the metal and respray. (not factory finish but pretty good and you know no rust is there.)
I will take pics next week.

I bought it from RPE1 on this forum.
I have the history from when I had the car and a couple of services before, but Richard could not find the service book.
I have all the mot data to verify mileage and did speak to the garage who had serviced it from 2006 through to 2012 and he said everything was done above and beyond what was needed with every little niggle sorted.

It now has 118k miles on it and is running better than when I bought it with 80 odd thousand on it, so much better.

But then I have then done loads to it.

EGR Clean and delete.
Cat delete.
New thermotats.
New manifold with flaps removed.
New Oil separator.
Oil service every 8000 or so miles.
Coolant change.
I did front discs and pads (rears will need doing at some point I guess).
Had the injector seals cleaned up and reseated after one was blowing.
Transmission fluid change (properly with 12 litres of fluid)
Gearbox electronic plate and valve body changed for one from a 20k mile car (amazing difference) and then new transmission fluid again.
Bilstein front suspension put on.
New genuine MB mats fitted.

Basically, all the things that can go wrong with these I have done before they happen.
Obviously things can still go wrong, the passenger side door lock is playing up, so I need to sort that this week, the springs go in the actuator apparantly. But new actuator has arrived so just need to swap it over.

It did 31mpg from the last tankful with the new tyres on and all the above mods to let it breathe properly.

I have driven a few of these and I will take the Pepsi challenge with any other ML270 out there, it is mechanically sound as a pound.

I have fitted the car with the later W164 19" wheels to freshen it up......
ml.jpg

They are fitted with new Goodyear EfficientGrip Tyres all round, which are extremely comfortable, near silent and very economical.
Actually slightly better ride than the 17" wheels they replaced on Michelin Latitude Tour tyres.

The interior is Java Beige and in pretty good condition, in fact compared with all the others I have seen in superb condition....
ml_interior.jpg

It is currently fitted with an Alpine W925r double din nav system.
Dab, Android Mirrorlink, iPod/iPhone, USB for up to 4 handsets with phone and music streaming, European Sat Nav.
This is a very high end £1000 audiophile head unit with parametric EQ, Time Alignment, high end dacs and sounds superb.

Really nice quality too, in brushed metal with ambient light sensor so the unit brightens/darkens with the cabin. Also the graphics/UI are very subtle, with tones of yellow/amber that make it look very oem, especially at night. It is not shouty like the Pioneers, Kenwoods etc.

It also has the Alpine Powerpack Amp fitted, which gives it a real boost sonically, fills the cabin and decent bass.

Morel 6.5" speakers fitted as well.

This was just over £1500 worth of kit fitted.

alpine_ml.jpg

Price...

With all the work done on this sorting all the 270cdi issues before they happen I have spent around £2800 in the last 18 months on getting it right.

On top of that the Alpine/Morel system was fitted and cost me £1000 (bought the W925r used).

And the 19" wheels which I bought less than 500 miles ago cost me just over a grand with the tyres.

I am therefore asking £3995 for the car as it is, and I will take off £200 if someone wants to get the crease on the rear arch sorted (you won't).

So £3800.

(You will also get the 17" wheels and Michelin Latitude Tour HP tyres (M+S) tyres.)

If you want to take the Alpine head unit out (I will leave the Morel speakers fitted).
£3300.

If you want the car with the 17" wheels and Michelin tyres (4mm+ all round).
I would take another £600 off.
And I will sell the wheels separately.

(Or you could sell the 17's for £250 or sell the 19's and get maybe £800 the tyres have done less than 1000 miles)

Car is booked in for an MOT next Friday.

I am based in Norfolk, but happy to meet up near the M11/A14 area for viewings.

Sorry for such a long post, but thought it best to try and get everything in.

MOT yesterday.

Advisories...

Some play in the nearside track rod arm.

Play in offside rear anti roll bar drop link.

Slight play in rear anti roll bar bushes.

Slight corrosion on brake lines.

Booked in for all suspension bits to be done tomorrow along with rear brakes.

Brake lines didn't look too bad he said, but had to mention them.

Had lots of enquiries on this, thanks gents, but no one in a position to buy.

I am open to offers, with/without wheels or the Alpine double din, I'm pretty flexible.

Update.

Alpine system is out, but still has a Clarion in there, bluetooth, nav, ipod etc.
NX302E...

Clarion UK | NX302E

f80cd648e84aa51378e816db0599ccf0.jpg

http://p1.arukereso.hu/full/116735537.clarion-nx-302e.jpg[/url]

Also, 19" wheels off and 17s back on there.
Two could do with a refurb, but more than passable.

£2900 ono.

116735537.clarion-nx-302e.jpg

17" wheels..

ml17.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom