FS: Brabus D6 EcoPower Xtra Tuning Box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jozza66

Car
Formerly W164 ML 350 CDI
For sale is my Brabus DIII tuning box that was fitted to my 2011 ML350CDI. I believe this is suitable for all OM642 applications, but as always you should check suitability for your engine.

The packaging is a bit battered, but the kit is complete, with ECU box, harness and fitting instructions. The original Brabus badges and stickers are also included.

£300

y3mfyJC7QFxl9yNKKkIs3z6ZY9L1E2cQKHgXmlb7JrW6cwfdVnLqdHocZVmEWKSRwpPffj0L9jxM-JQjnbyPkM-DrkeSfggSuJiiOyHnKV_IirNt6I0s2zJiD3v5mL8Z9LUbOwEQ_nPFKhGOtTEBQYdXjwNaic8gcUyGF2EtTEr10w

y3ma1j3TBgqzVlMHL4GlkPLAsmee-LTSeLTUZq6POFQrq0NXqPr0TH9k3XeGO91FGmqEw2kRO72yWHvXRWZS8ZvpsXLueLKEWcPUU7q3Dr2mYFJM8TUQHh5Mwe3k-zXELr3Nf-DO_KkadWWlUqaij2xjYz1mlYzPU5hoxFdrWg5Oug

https://sf3dmw-bn1305.files.1drv.co...FRP6OPjm7c?width=660&height=495&cropmode=none

Is this ml specific? What does it say on the other side of the unit?

Litcan91 said:
Is this ml specific? What does it say on the other side of the unit?

Hi, there are no other markings on the unit, and the Brabus part number does start "164-xxx-xxx" so I'm not sure.

My guess would be it'll work with the 320 and 350cdi lumps, but you'd need to check as I just don't know.

Thanks.

Hi, there are no other markings on the unit, and the Brabus part number does start "164-xxx-xxx" so I'm not sure.

My guess would be it'll work with the 320 and 350cdi lumps, but you'd need to check as I just don't know.

Thanks.

All units have the specific model name on the back of the black box, where the bracket is at the moment by the looks of things.

Definitely nothing else on the unit, the sticker on the end is it. I'll see if Brabus can confirm alternative fitment compatibility ...

Can anyone tell me if i have a euro5 engine. I have a 2010 c350?

I have been wanting one for my car but ive been told numerous times that each box is car specific to whatever it says in the box

I have been wanting one for my car but ive been told numerous times that each box is car specific to whatever it says in the box

Brabus have told me exactly the same thing.

Litcan91 said:
Brabus have told me exactly the same thing.

Yep and then someone else says no all the engines are the same its just the wiring loom thats different so the box might have to be in a different place than the instructions tell you. Dont know what to do haha

If you send the box back to Brabus they will re-program it.

SPX said:

How much will that cost though, I cant imagine it to be cheap

How much will that cost though, I cant imagine it to be cheap

I'm not sure but I do know that other forum members have done it.

I *think* it was done for free, but I couldn't say for 100% sure.

I'm not sure but I do know that other forum members have done it.

I *think* it was done for free, but I couldn't say for 100% sure.

Would be great if that's the case, wonder if anyone on here had done that..

Would be great if that's the case, wonder if anyone on here had done that..

Have a search on the forum, I'm sure something will pop up because I've seen it referred to on more than one occasion.

Have a search on the forum, I'm sure something will pop up because I've seen it referred to on more than one occasion.

I've also seen it being mentioned, but it seems to be a very grey area as most keep it very vague without giving any details of how it was done. If brabus charge another £300, then it's not worthwhile.

Personally I think that the d6 is just generic for all models with the same engine, as when they were released, they had units which had all model names on them. Don't want to be the Guinea pig trying it though. Brabus CS team keep it very vague & don't give much information out.

Many moons ago I bought a D6 box for my S211 that was labelled as a W209 CLK and after the initial placebo wore off, I realised it made no difference whatsoever; I did a few 0-60's and 40-70mph runs with and without the box and they were identical.

You would think they'd be generic but, certainly in my experience, they weren't.

Many moons ago I bought a D6 box for my S211 that was labelled as a W209 CLK and after the initial placebo wore off, I realised it made no difference whatsoever; I did a few 0-60's and 40-70mph runs with and without the box and they were identical.

You would think they'd be generic but, certainly in my experience, they weren't.

That is the exact concern.

Guess you just got rid of the unit without trying to get Brabus to reprogram it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom