FSH ...what does this mean?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

french

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi TT RS 2.5 , Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 9 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
What is FSH to you ?

A car I have been looking at is advertised as FSH a mix of MB & indys .
When in fact the service book is stamped but the indys are a local garage non MB.:dk:
With my last 3 cars, including my current C32 I had all the stamps, all the detailed invoices corresponding to the stamps & invoices for other work outside of the services with all relevant dates & at what mileage the work was carried out, plus all the Mot's.

When you hear FSH & finally pin them down to find out its just stamps in a book nothing at all to back them up am I think forget it what else is being 'Glossed over'

FSH just means it has been serviced according to the manufacturer's schedule, with evidence to prove it (stamps in the book, usually). FMBSH means the same but with all the services done by an M-B dealer.

Old MOTs, Invoices etc. are a bonus - many people won't pass them on to a new owner because they have your home address, phone numbers, email etc. on them.

FSH is just that, a full service history. Records of services carried out when they should have been. Its up to you to decide if its been done by a reputable outlet or not. FMBSH would lead you to believe all servicing had been carried out by a Mercedes dealership. At least that would be my expectation.

My interpretation (Mercedes as an example)

FSH = Full service history demonstrated by stamps in the book ( my expectation would be Main Dealers(MD) for the first 3 years or so and then potentially Independents there after

FMBSH = Full Service history with MD stamps

Receipts to support (sometimes lots of history) = back up to prove the book.

Semantics I know, but a lot of people will "play" the system, so that is what I expect when I look at the details. I know a lot of people will not keep receipts as, especially MD, the history can be traced on the system. On a personal note I keep all of my receipts including those for tyres and I present these to potential purchasers as proof positive of my care of the car.

Steve

Recent posts on the forum suggest it simply means " I want you to buy my car and these three letters will help to ensure you do buy it "

Several posts show that having made the purchase the FSH appears to have been misplaced, or eaten by the dog, fallen into the river or lost in the post. Easy thing to do is get onto the Mail Order Service History Replacement guys on ebay. They work alongside the Mileage Adjustment Co.

Alternatively you could just buy a colour printer a scanner and a creative writing book.

Full Service History. So just serviced every interval. Has nothing to do with where it was services. FFSH is full franchise

Banned for posting something funny at a ridiculous hour. Are you still on the other side of the Atlantic?

Are you still on the other side of the Atlantic?

Wish you were here...

d1af09f722ed36b71b0c2508e763dec7_zpskcg9gawg.jpg

:D

Get to the Hilton Towers tonight! Sorry, OP!

Full service history should be just that, ie a list of all works carried out, and when. Anyone can buy stamped service books, so they won't mean anything in some cases.

I keep all receipts/copies for work done to my cars, and it's becoming increasingly more difficult to obtain a paper service record of newer cars. I was once enquiring about the history of a car I was about to purchase, and one of the people I spoke to in a Surrey main MB dealership actually said they kept records to assist in future servicing, rather than help people in selling their cars!

Last edited:
What do you call a fish with no eyes?

FSH

OK, I'll get my coat...

I have seen lots of cars with FSH even FMBSH that have been serviced correctly to the mileage but not to the age of car eg a 5 year old car with only 20000 and two service stamps , which is not really a full service history at all

I fully agree with the OP on this one, more so with older cars. Servicing stamps can be just for an oil change, so if you have a 10 year old car with 10 oil change stamps is that a FSH. Obviously not!
What you need is evidence of regular maintenance, servicing being one element of this maintenance. The older the car the more parts should be replaced, don't wait for them to fail.

Old MOTs, Invoices etc. are a bonus - many people won't pass them on to a new owner because they have your home address, phone numbers, email etc. on them.

This shows the variance in business practice, as none of the receipts I have for the SL have more than my address on them - which the next owner would have anyway from the V5.

On those occasions where there has been more personal contact information, it is always on separate paperwork that can be removed without compromising the important part.

FSH to me means that the car has been serviced to meet the manufacturer's servicing recommendations by a combination of dealer and independent garages.

The manufacturers servicing recommendations should be treated as a baseline to meet the definition of FSH. If the car was serviced more frequently then it would be a positive.

FMBSH to me would read that all servicing has been done exclusively at MB dealerships.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom