Fuel £1.99 per litre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
" A Devon petrol station is charging drivers more than £9 a gallon for petrol and diesel as drivers clamour for fuel.

The Foxhayes station at Exwick near Exeter has put all grades of petrol and diesel up to £1.99 a litre.

The manager said the move was to conserve stocks and said he was not being mean. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7456458.stm

No profiteering eh? Just doing a service by "limiting consumption"?

I am off to sharpen my pitchfork and gather an angry mob

Thats it, the dreaded £2/litre has been hit. I hoped I'd never see this day.

There is a simple solution, buy your fuel elsewhere.

Some local garages in Plymouth upped their prices by 4p / litre on Friday night to take advantage, however that garage is really taking advantage of the difficult situation down here.

No petrol or diesel for miles round here, the picket line has totally closed the fuel depot in Plymouth, so no garages are getting deliveries :(

Let me know when you want me to join you with the lynch mob to deal with Mr £1.99 a litre ! :mad::mad:

The way to conserve stocks would be to limit how much petrol you could by - not by raising prices to mad levels like that! What a retard, I hope he gets his delivery last when the strike ends...

Does this not raise the question of can I work from home?

That is sick!

(just been watching local news, he claims it will benefit his local customers, err YEAH RIGHT! YOU idiot! - something about a cheap MOT? what's that got to do with the price of egg/petrol?)

There was a garage in Chester-le-Street that hiked up the price when the last fuel strike was on and all the locals boycotted him when things returned to normal. Went out of business in about a month.

If there is any justice then surely the same fate will fall on this chancer. Heres hoping............

We all find this person's actions obnoxious but that is exactly what is happening World-Wide with oil! Look how much a barrel of oil costs today, compared to just twelve months ago!

What this garage is doing is simply replicating what oil producers are also doing!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Regards
John

There was a garage in Chester-le-Street that hiked up the price when the last fuel strike was on and all the locals boycotted him when things returned to normal. Went out of business in about a month.

If there is any justice then surely the same fate will fall on this chancer. Heres hoping............

Agree; something similar happened at an independent fuel station near Kings Lynn during the 2000 shortages. The owner hiked his prices up to ludicrous levels; likewise, he was never used again except for occasional passing trade when it all settled down, and promptly went out of business. Ironically, it's a Shell garage now

he has been all over the news, his business is finished.

In the 2000 crisis we had lots of fuel. we limited it to £10 per customer... a lot were angry then too but we felt that was the fairest thing to do as otherwise everyone was filling up and those in genuine need would not have got any...

What this garage is doing is simply replicating what oil producers are also doing!:mad: :mad: :mad:

If I understand this correctly this garage is charging £1.99 per litre while others are charging £1.30 per litre. Is this garage not exploiting the current situation for his own personal short term gain?:confused:

If I understand this correctly this garage is charging £1.99 per litre while others are charging £1.30 per litre. Is this garage not exploiting the current situation for his own personal short term gain?:confused:

Mmm. Its called capitalism.

If people will pay it who's the mug?

M.

Just like the oil producers, and the folks up at Exeter have nowhere else to go.. Cars are being laid up as ALL garages in very specific areas have run out of fuel.

Don't forget oil is not dearer to extract today than it was yesterday, or last year. I hope the garage owner gets his come uppance regarding this situation, but I doubt the oil producers will be reigned in and they are making more in one minute, than this man would earn in a lifetime!!

John

M.

Hopefully people can simply go elsewhere. Certainly after things are back to normal locals will definitely go elsewhere. Think that called bankruptcy:rolleyes:

In the 2000 crisis we had lots of fuel. we limited it to £10 per customer... a lot were angry then too but we felt that was the fairest thing to do as otherwise everyone was filling up and those in genuine need would not have got any...
I quite like the minimum amount idea in a shortage - to stop people brimming their tanks every 50 miles.

So at todays prices £15min, £30 max - only room for 8 litres you still pay £15.

I certainly would make a point of never using this garage again after the owner's actions. Petrol is such a vital commodity for most people; it enables us to get to work and earn a living, and this profiteering

M.
Actually I think it's called greed, which hopefully when things return to normal will be followed by market forces and either some serious price cuts to regain market share or failure of the business.

So who really is the mug?

Actually I think it's called greed, which hopefully when things return to normal will be followed by market forces and either some serious price cuts to regain market share or failure of the business.

So who really is the mug?

Spot on...;)

Its a gamble this garage has decided to run, many peoples memory can be short though. I for one would not forget unless it was 70p cheaper when supplies are back to normal....:devil:

M.

To an economist, it is just supply and demand. Rationing of scarce resources. Means they go to whoever wants/needs them most and can pay for them.

Exactly what is happening in the world market for oil every day.

Exactly why your flatscreen TV has fallen in price so much (more and more supply in this case).

Don't forget oil is not dearer to extract today than it was yesterday, or last year.

John

Are you sure about that? Maybe a little research is in order.....................the reaction to this garages very ill advised act is just a glimpse of how quickly the social fabric breaks down when things we are used to become unavailable. Quite worrying really isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom