Fuel baffle problem in sl350,what is best thing to do!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aled

Car
mercedes sl350
Hi All,
I am new to this site and would appeciate anyones advice.
2 days ago picked up my sl350 2003.
First of all,what a car,so confortable and so smooth also shifts when i put the pedal down!
However when i first picked the car up the fuel was near empty,so i travelled around 15 miles to the nearest garage.
I filled up with £50 and carried on this is where i found when i slowed down i had the anoying rattel everyone keeps mentioniing on the forums.
What should i do:

1),should i return it to where i got it from and get them to carry out the expensive job of replacing the tank etc.but it seems they only valet service there veihcles??

2)Take it to mercedes as i have spoke with them and told them i could smell fuel and are very concerned as i have children in the car,and also arm myself with all the info off the forums who have been having the same problem??

3)Take to an independent gargage and ask them to carry out the work,i would prefer getting someone who has done the work before at a reasonable price as it seems like a big job?ANY IDEAS ON SOMEONE LOCAL I LIVE IN WEST BROMWICH,WEST MIDS B70???

4)I have heard there is a way of doing this without taking the fuel tank out,with some type of spring which holds the baffle,has anyone tried this method???

I know you have probably all heard of this before i love my new car its just so annoying to here that noise.

Thanks in advance for any input
Al

Just take it back to the dealer that sold it to you and claim under the statutory guarantee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom