Fuel Cap Restraining Strap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grimupnorth

Car
C207
The rubber restraining strap/tether on my fuel cap has snapped, any idea if you can buy replacements. Ebay search shows only complete caps for Mercedes. Thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Personally I would use black shrink wrap.....

Noticed the same on mine.

It’s part of the cap so the easiest solution is to replace the cap for about 20 quid.

Mine broke some time ago.
I'm just being careful not to drop it on the floor.
Maybe a job for the summer !

Personally I would use black shrink wrap.....

Yep, that's what I did. I actually used two layers for a bit of extra strength. I know - I need to detail inside the filler flap of my Vito more often :D

1646315079245.png

£13 on ebay - job done no faff 👍

If you already have heatshrink it's a 5 minute job, tops (and free!). I didn't even remove the strap ... but I did use a heat gun rather than a naked flame to do the shrinking :D

Mine broke ages ago but what do we need a strap for, I never did let the cap dangle when there was a strap, I place the cap in the holder on the back of the fuel flap. It fits like it was designed for the purpose.

Sadly the Vito doesn't have a cap holder on the fuel flap. Both the cars do.

I fitted a new Mercedes cap, what you notice about the new one is the ring on the fuel cap which the strap attaches to, rotates very freely.
Looking back at my old one before it broke, that was not rotating at all, hence why it snapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom