Fuel Cleaner - CLS 350 CGI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MRkCLS

Car
Mercedes-Benz CLS w219 350 CGI, Mazda Mx-3 2.5 V6 KLZE
Hello everybody,

Which fuel cleaner would you recommend for my CLS (219) 3.5 V6 CGI (piezoelectric injectors)?

I had it diagnosed on STAR recently and I had an (F) saying that the performance of the catalyst that accumulates NOx(nitrogen oxide) is insufficient. Fuel may content sulfur.

I had the NOx sensors replaced (300 quid each... :| ) some time ago due to another Faulty code. This malfunction was sorted ,however I had another one - NOx module. There are some issues with the whole NOx system as I get F every time when I have my Merc diagnosed.

I would like to try fuel cleaner before I replace another part related to NOx catalyst as it may help? However I'm not sure which ones are reliable and suitable for the piezoelectric injectors?

I would be grateful for any help.

Regards

I ordered Lucas yesterday from eBay, but thanks for the advice ;)

I heard that Liqui Molly is also a good fuel cleaner. I will give a try to one of them next time ;)

I've used cataclean a few times. No idea if it worked or not ?

Hello everybody,

Which fuel cleaner would you recommend for my CLS (219) 3.5 V6 CGI (piezoelectric injectors)?

I had it diagnosed on STAR recently and I had an (F) saying that the performance of the catalyst that accumulates NOx(nitrogen oxide) is insufficient. Fuel may content sulfur.

I had the NOx sensors replaced (300 quid each... :| ) some time ago due to another Faulty code. This malfunction was sorted ,however I had another one - NOx module. There are some issues with the whole NOx system as I get F every time when I have my Merc diagnosed.

I would like to try fuel cleaner before I replace another part related to NOx catalyst as it may help? However I'm not sure which ones are reliable and suitable for the piezoelectric injectors?

I would be grateful for any help.

Regards

Did the new sensors improve the original problem you reported with regard to heavy fuel consumption?

Are the emissions an issue for MOT purposes or are you just trying to get all the STAR codes cleared and it running 100%?

Fuel consumption is decreased a bit.. I had a consumption of 15-18 mpg urban / 20-22 motorway. I've got about 18-20 in a slow traffic and about 22-26 on a long run. My best score was 28 mpg for a short while on a motorway.

However I need to mention that I've got 19" AMG wheels on. It may increase the hunger for petrol, but on the other side, it's CGI version which was meant to be more pocket friendly.

I passed my last (end of October) MOT without any issues. STAR codes do not have to be 100% cleared as I keep having some silly ones* which I do not bother about. It's more about improving fuel economy and..hmm I would like to get rid of that big F as well ;)

* small "f"'s that do not really make a major impact on the ride or may be even caused by the battery that's nearly reached it's end..

Fuel consumption is decreased a bit.. I had a consumption of 15-18 mpg urban / 20-22 motorway. I've got about 18-20 in a slow traffic and about 22-26 on a long run. My best score was 28 mpg for a short while on a motorway.

However I need to mention that I've got 19" AMG wheels on. It may increase the hunger for petrol, but on the other side, it's CGI version which was meant to be more pocket friendly.

I passed my last (end of October) MOT without any issues. STAR codes do not have to be 100% cleared as I keep having some silly ones* which I do not bother about. It's more about improving fuel economy and..hmm I would like to get rid of that big F as well ;)

* small "f"'s that do not really make a major impact on the ride or may be even caused by the battery that's nearly reached it's end..

15-16mpg's urban?? :confused: With my heavy foot, i am managing 20-24mpg's, plus my car is not CGI ;)

I know.. it was a nightmare. well, it's still not as good as it should be, but there is a slight improvement. I will try the fuel cleaner and if it doesn't help, I will get the NOx module replaced. Pain in the a** it is :| More technology -> more things to break...

you thought of having a Terraclean done ?

I know.. it was a nightmare. well, it's still not as good as it should be, but there is a slight improvement. I will try the fuel cleaner and if it doesn't help, I will get the NOx module replaced. Pain in the a** it is :| More technology -> more things to break...

Have you had a service done? If so, how "deep" it was?

There are still few thousands miles to be done as I bought the car this March. It passed M.O.T. without any advisories and the mileage (53k when bought about 57k right now) was confirmed by STAR diagnostic tool. I was at two indies for a quick check and everything was fine to them.

I'm also having an issue with keyless system (only one door handle reacts) ,but I heard it is quite common problem in CLS's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom