Fuel consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeSmith

Car
VW
Hi all
I am a new member after a little advice I am thinking of buying a C180 auto from between 2010 - 2012 with low mileage but cannot seem to get an accurate consumption figure. I drive a passat cc tdi which gives about 45 mpg

Can anyone help.

My c180 cgi estate from 2011 gives 34-36mpg on mixed runs on rural a and B roads and around 44-45mpg on a motorway run

Lowest ever was 32mpg lots of short trips moving house

Highest was 50.9mpg on a long run at 68mph

Also it's a GREAT engine especially the later turbo charged CGI engines. We are only changing ours as we were doing high mileage and we also need a tow car so handing her over tomorrow for a big diesel one. We had it 3 years and it's now almost 6 years 68k miles and still drives like the day it left the factory. Never spent a penny on it apart from brakes and tyres!

Ignore what you read on the forums about dodgy build quality and timing chain issues that were in the minority. It should be silent on starting and under load, if it sounds rattly then move on!

Hi all
I am a new member after a little advice I am thinking of buying a C180 auto from between 2010 - 2012 with low mileage but cannot seem to get an accurate consumption figure. I drive a passat cc tdi which gives about 45 mpg

Can anyone help.

Hi Mike,

You might find the information at this link helpful:

Mercedes-Benz C-Class (2007 - 2014) - Real MPG | Honest John

Hi all

Can anyone help.

I can't help with an exact comparison but some general comments and info on my manual 2009 C180K blue efficiency.

I doubt you are quite going to match the Passat but an average of 40MPG should be realistic depending on how and where it's driven. That's the key really to interpreting the MPG that others get. It's very high geared for a small petrol engine so it's going to be very good on the Motorway but MPG will drop dramatically around town.

For my C180K, the average over 2 years is 44.8 MPG which is much better than the Honest John Real MPG but that's probably because I almost never drive in traffic and I don't use it for journeys of less than 10 miles. On the motorway trips it's never done less than 50 MPG with a best of 57. If I go through a whole tank without motorway use it typically drops to 40 MPG. Worst I've ever had was 37 MPG which did involve some traffic. I've no doubt that it would drop to the low 30's if used exclusively in town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom