Fuel consumption

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Screaminmonki

Car
Clk240
Hi all I have just done a journey from landsend to Northamptonshire 90 quid to fill my clk , an after 365 miles had quarter of tank left , I’ve averaged 34 miles per gallon ,absolutely pleased an happy an love my car what a peach to do the M5.

Hi all I have just done a journey from landsend to Northamptonshire 90 quid to fill my clk , an after 365 miles had quarter of tank left , I’ve averaged 34 miles per gallon ,absolutely pleased an happy an love my car what a peach to do the M5.
Is that via the trip computer or brim to brim calculation?

It’s basically used £70 quid on fuel ,diesel Audi A6 uses £50 Diesel bmw 320d also £50 defo keeping this little gem

That’s trip reading but it was brimmed full
Thats still just a guesstimate from the cars monitoring systems.

The only way to get a true reading is to fill the tank, drive and then refill it but it doesnt matter if you happy with it 👍

While I appreciate it means something to you, unless we have the identical car and identical fuel prices, quoting £ to fill up is fairly meaningless information for most of us. Trip computer MPG is better but the only really useful and comparable figures are calculated brim to brim mpg.

While I appreciate it means something to you, unless we have the identical car and identical fuel prices, quoting £ to fill up is fairly meaningless information for most of us. Trip computer MPG is better but the only really useful and comparable figures are calculated brim to brim mpg.
I really don't think you thought that post through!......brim to brim is the ONLY way to calculate accurate MPG on any car! You don't need identical anything.
Fill it to brim...see how far you went, see how much fuel it takes to fill it up to brim again...convert litres to gallon....divide miles covered by gallons of fuel used....BINGO! My trip is usually only about 1.5 to 2 mpg optimistic....my CLK200K trip mpg was complete fabrication....anything between 5 to 7 mpg too optimistic!

All I know is this is a journey I do once a year from Volvo t5 it has 70 litre tank used 3 quarters this merc I believe a 70 litre tank used 3quarters of a tank , 75 quid at 140 per litre to do 365 miles

You are assuming that the fuel gauge is linear and accurate....

I used to get a steady 33/34mpg (measured using trip and fuel used) out of my petrol CLK 280. With the introduction of E10 fuel I now get nearer to 30/ 31mpg. I tried filling with E5 during the last refuel and initial indications are a return to 34mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom