Fuel 'economy' lol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nomiS36

Car
Focus st250
Luckily I don't do many miles in the E55k because it's only 3 miles each way to work and I'm away most of the week with work anyway so economy isn't really an issue but I was wondering if my mpg so far sounds right! I've done 200 miles since getting the car mostly nipping about here and there and my short commute and it's averaging 15mpg [emoji38].

Yep, that's about right.
Over the last 3k odd miles I'm averaging 16.9

Well it may well be right,the car hardly has a chance to get to working temperature,also is the run to work stop start,I would look on it this way you enjoy driving the car,and with the mileage you are doing it is not breaking the bank,so the mileage is not that important,maybe make a effort to go for a decent run at a week end, fill it up and say put 300 miles into the car then fill it up again and do the maths.

It's a non stop run to work but as you say the cars hardly warming up. I will be going on a longer trip soon to see family so I will try my hardest to do it economically [emoji48] problem is I'm still loving the way it goes and sounds so I can't help myself!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did a quick early morning run from Bournemouth to Birmingham and covered the 160 miles at 20.1 mpg :thumb:
20140809_085651_zps9da87d4f.jpg

Last edited:
This was my old E55 many years ago on a run to work: -

Dash27.jpg

Possibly the most boring run ever.

As stated above, the car need to do some miles and reach an optimum temperature before you can start measuring figures. My current car takes up to 8 miles before the oil's where it should be.

Hi,
We have covered 35,000 km in our ML63 and have not reset the 2nd consumption meter since new. It is currently showing an average of 18.2 l/100km which equals 15.5 mpg
I was experimenting the other day with Sport+ on the suspension, Sport on the engine/gearbox and with the traction control switched off.
I then went for a brisk drive and saw that over 10km I had averaged 33 l/100km - which equates to 8.56 mpg - ouch!
Luckily petrol only costs about 30p per litre here.
Cheers
Steve

Bigrichw said:
Since having my CLS 55k I've averaged 12.7! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good lad ;)

I think I would have a good sob at the filling station if I got that return,tell me you had a hole in the tank,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom