Fuel filler Cap will Not Open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Goods news Edinburgh MB gave excellent service and fixed my petrol filler flap that would not open and updated my SOS software in a couple of hours. Lent me a car and phoned me very promptly to tell me my car was ready.

Pontoneer, you're talking rubbish. It's not a vacuum systems now because they were ****e. They're motors and solenoids.

I guess the ones from 1960 are better though huh?

Pontoneer, you're talking rubbish. It's not a vacuum systems now because they were ****e. They're motors and solenoids.

I guess the ones from 1960 are better though huh?

Well I'd suggest that silent operating vacuum systems are indeed both simpler and better :D

Oh , and they only started circa 1970 , unless you could afford a W100 perhaps .

The electric noisy solenoid ones , plagued with 'bouncing door lock syndrome' on just about every car so equipped can hardly be described as reliable or better in any way . The only car I've had so equipped was my S203 , and it was a nightmare of unreliability , with both front door locks failing and one rear one jamming and needing adjusted .

And what's better about a silly spring loaded latch which is going to go wrong , when pressing the other end go the flap beyond the hinge pops the rear end out so simply and elegantly ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom