Fuel filter change c class w204 om646 evo engine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Diamondw204

Car
C220 CDi sport
My OCD method for a fuel filter change lol
On fuel fill up prior to filter change get a couple of litres of diesel in a correct fuel container
I changed my fuel pipe clamps from original ones to 304 stainless steel fuel clamps inlet 14 to 16mm outlet 11 to 13mm or reuse original clamps (race bike bitz eBay for stainless ones)
Purchase new filter( use original filter ,I bought mine from Mercedes of Newcastle eBay shop with free postage)
Remove engine cover
Start by removing original clamps from fuel filter pipes with a small screwdriver
Remove plastic cap from inlet pipe of new filter (larger pipe) leave outlet plastic cap fitted(small pipe)
Use small funnel to fill new filter with diesel from inlet pipe store upright ready to fit
Put rags around top of old filter and wiggle both rubber pipes off/use screwdriver to unclip body of old filter and lift out
Put new filter into housing /keep upright/line up so pipes will fit easily/ secure with clips
Remove plastic cap from outlet pipe/put new fuel clamps over pipes and refit to filter/tighten clamps or refit original clamps if your reusing them
Dry filter top and double check clamps
Sit in drivers seat/ fit key and turn till lights come on leave for 10 seconds turn ignition off/ repeat five times
Start engine/it will start instantly
Leave engine running check for leaks
Drop Bonnet/take car for short drive/put Bonnet up and check for leaks
Refit engine cover
Pour remaining diesel into fuel tank and store container
Smile and give pat on the back you saved yourself some money
Filter original £20.50 /Mercedes Newcastle eBay shop/stainless clamps from racebikebitz eBay 6 clamps for £5.10 304 stainless
That’s how I did it
I do it on every B service

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom