Fuel filter design changes - 606 / 605 diesels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tim.100

Car
202&463
I just changed the engine-mounted fuel filter on my C250TD, and want to know if I've made a mistake.

The replacement Mahle filter contained two o-rings, one small and one very small. The Haynes manual showed two o-rings as well.

However only one was present on the fuel filter banjo joint when I took it apart, so I never installed the second o-ring. Car runs fine.

Anyone know if there was a design change in the fuel filter head on the later 606/605 engines?

For starters, the Mahle filter sounds a bit dodgy - I've found Guttmann filters (available from ECP) are very good.

the 2 o-rings are only needed on cars with a shut off valve on the filter bolt, rather than the one on the IP itself. only 1 needed if you just the the bolt.

hope this helps.

I just changed the engine-mounted fuel filter on my C250TD, and want to know if I've made a mistake.

The replacement Mahle filter contained two o-rings, one small and one very small. The Haynes manual showed two o-rings as well.

However only one was present on the fuel filter banjo joint when I took it apart, so I never installed the second o-ring. Car runs fine.

Anyone know if there was a design change in the fuel filter head on the later 606/605 engines?

For starters, the Mahle filter sounds a bit dodgy - I've found Guttmann filters (available from ECP) are very good.

the 2 o-rings are only needed on cars with a shut off valve on the filter bolt, rather than the one on the IP itself. only 1 needed if you just the the bolt.

hope this helps.

Thanks SilverSaloon, I headed the mail with 606 diesel as there are many fans on here!

My Mahle filter will only ever see branded diesel.

My Mahle filter will only ever see branded diesel.

it will probably be OK then. :thumb:

dont forget to clean out or replace your pre-filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom