Fuel injector prices.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alphagemini

Car
Mercedes C200
I have been researching the net for new injectors for my c200 2006 271 engine. The price differencies between brands is huge, all the way from 40 to 200 pounds. What are the differencies that justify this? Do the expensive ones have some special trick about them? Are the cheapies bad news?

Thanks for any help

I have been researching the net for new injectors for my c200 2006 271 engine. The price differencies between brands is huge, all the way from 40 to 200 pounds. What are the differencies that justify this? Do the expensive ones have some special trick about them? Are the cheapies bad news?

Thanks for any help
I can't answer that for your car but for mine you have Bosch or MB. They were about 60€ each and I chose Bosch as I believe them to be the same.

You don't give details of what you get for 40 sovs but my guess is that you'll be in the 100 to 200 sovs level if you want to do the job properly. That's just my guess.

Good hunting.

You may see Febi but that will be a lottery. My Febi flex discs are excellent but much of their stuff is dubious.

Some people say, "Pay the proce and do the job once. Otherwise repeat the job when the rubbish dies".

RayH

I would only use Bosch or MB for fuel injectors.
Some of the cheapos are high-risk.

How often do an injector get stuck open and damage the engine with petrol leaking into the cylinder?

Are refurbished injectors any good, depending which shop makes the refurb?
Clean up from old muck, replacing O-ring and the hollow metal tube inside the injector what else do they replace?

Are refurbished injectors any good, depending which shop makes the refurb?

In the case of my M104.98x injectors, and after 400,000 Km, we just replaced injectors, guides and seals. They were leaking slightly but not causing too much grief.

Yes, it was 500€ but normal service was restored and all is well.

I can't see how mine could be refurbished. Cleaned, yes, but not refurbished unless someone knows far better than I.

I can't answer for other types of injector, some of which appear to cost 200€ each, or more.

RayH

In the case of my M104.98x injectors, and after 400,000 Km, we just replaced injectors, guides and seals. They were leaking slightly but not causing too much grief.

Yes, it was 500€ but normal service was restored and all is well.

I can't see how mine could be refurbished. Cleaned, yes, but not refurbished unless someone knows far better than I.

I can't answer for other types of injector, some of which appear to cost 200€ each, or more.

RayH

Guide is that the hollow pipe inside the injector?

I saw an episode of WD and Mike Brewer went to a shop getting injectors refurbished, maybe it was the episode with the white MB 300 TDT ???.
Shop did a petrol pressure test in a jig to see in what condition injectors were, then shop replaced the internal pipe and lastly fitted a new o-ring.
Don't remember if they did anything else ??
Buying new injectors is steep, having a V8 costs a lot to replace all injectors, can they be refurbished this is much better price wise.

Thanks for any help
You know the, you get what you pay for...

Guide is that the hollow pipe inside the injector?

No, the guide is what the injector fits into. Looks a bit like this:

1687840468006.png

Buying new injectors is steep, having a V8 costs a lot

Nobody ever said that running an MB is going to be cheap. My son says that a 190D 2.5 is cheap to run if you do your own maintenance. Other than that, he suggests a Ford Fiesta.

R

You know the, you get what you pay for...
That's used t be so true.....I'm finding it less and less these days regardless of what you are buying......but you certainly pay a lot more for the big names to be on very average items!!!!!
The cars themselves are getting worse all the time. My wife wanted to replace her mint W169 A Class.......but new A class are pretty rubbish inside compared to the solidity of her current one......I really cant see the extra money in an A class....even when compared to some pretty mundane Far Eastern offerings. Where's that Mercedes legendary build quality vanished to?!.....

.....sorry....way off topic.

Last edited:
No, the guide is what the injector fits into. Looks a bit like this:

View attachment 142771

Nobody ever said that running an MB is going to be cheap. My son says that a 190D 2.5 is cheap to run if you do your own maintenance. Other than that, he suggests a Ford Fiesta.

R

Thanks for your input.
Thought guides were called shells?

I hope my injectors don't get screwed over time, having 8 of them won't be cheap to replace.
Does anyone know if MB sells refurbished injectors, trade in your old stuff get restored in return for less penny?

Thanks for your input.
If you post the MB part number for your injectors, someone might recommend something.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom