Fuel leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercMania

Noticed a few times everytime I put fuel in I notice a puddle on the floor, but once i drive off its fine as I tried to check when I park at home and see if there is still a leak but there wasn't any, so next time I topped up I looked can see drops coming down.

I do not top up to the top always full up to 3 quater full.

Anyone know what the problem could be?

u need the car on the ramp to see what is going on, best buy petrol in large container and drive to garage ramp and then fill slowly best thing if it is one of the pipes not the tank.

as tank replacement or welding is a job and half

Oh ok cool thanx

Ok thanx people hope it not costy

Mines doing the same. I'm going to investigate at the weekend. Apparently the overflow pipes can come lose or slip back on the rubber pipe. I'm hoping it's something like this.

Looked at mine today and found 2 pipes dosed. Rang Mercedes and it's only 15 pounds for the 2 pipes. They come out of a collector box on the filler neck. Like an over flow. This explains the smell of petrol I get when standing beside the car as well. I ordered the pipes but in the mean time I have used heater hose as a temporary repair.

Ok thanx for the help is it a big job to replace?

No very easy. Took the inner wheel arch shield of. Then the pipes are just there. Broke the original clips holding them. Replaced the pipes and used stainless jubilee clips to clamp up the new pipes.

I'm having the a similar problem. There appear to be 4 pipes behind the wheel arch liner, which ones did you replace?

Attachments

• merc4.jpg
    merc4.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 15
There was two rubber and 2 metal that I seen on mine. One pipe the rubber one you can see on your picture was the one leaking on mine. I replaced it and the first on coming from the filler neck. £14.89 for both from Mercedes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom