Fuel Pipe Connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barachello

Car
C270 cdi
Hi all,

Noticed a bit of a diesel smell in the engine bay, and traced it to a connection which was weeping a bit, when I tried to push it together to see if it was just loose, the connection split. :fail

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to just get a new connector, or is the hose supplied as a single part with the connection

See the attached pics.

Any part numbers would be great

thanks

Thanks for that mersum1es

I was just about to post up that I had found that the pipe comes from the fuel vent, above the injectors.

Have to find out now whether it can be bought in parts, or the whole thing only.

Complete new fuel pipes from merc are about 50 quid if I remember right when I changed mine. Looking at the colour and condition of yours I'd replace them all as chances are you disturb one they will all fail at the seals. Isn't worth messing around I guarantee you will regret just replacing one when as soon as you nudge another it will leak and the you risk disturbing the new one to replace that.

Thanks for that

The pic above is not from my car, just a pic I found on the net.

Do you know the full part numbers by any chance?

Yes. I had to do mine. Exact same engine as yours. The connectors go all brittle and break off when touched and the fuel is under a lot of pressure at that point so not possible to repair and doesn't take much to weep as you found out.
MB always have a supply of them. £36 2 years ago.

was that for the whole section ?

As in the 3 pipes with washers, or just the one with the Y connector ?

Thanks for that

£29.80 + VAT, and comes with new O rings

If one is brittle then I would replace all of them.

I mean all of the clear fuel pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom