Fuel price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Greedy blighters. Momentum at Tesco in Reading was £1.67 two days ago, which with the same difference would have made E10 £1.53, and it wasn't that low.

You raise a point I've wondered about, in connection with Japanese imports. They usually have low mileage, but if they've spent a much higher proportion of that mileage than a European car sitting idling in traffic jams, which certainly cannot be ruled out, the engine internals may be rather more tired than those of a European car with the same mileage.
I'm not sure that I understand your point. It may be the Japanese salarymen I know / have worked / played golf with.

They paint a picture of always being at work, of cheap and effective public transport, and not using the spiffy car to commute. Not an image of doing short mileages in traffic jams.

I'd be interested to hear the opinions of folks who have worked over there for longer.

I did say 'cannot be ruled out'. High-spec and high-priced RHD E and S-class Mercedes might more likely have been owned by higher-level management, though?

Sitting at the lights today noticed a Shell garage to the left, Deisel 196.9p. Asda is about 30 seconds away 176.9
I use Asda for all my cars & am happy, for all those who say supermarket fuel is rubbish
It's gone up. :mad: Shell now 199.9p & Asda 178.9 & I need to fill up the Range Rover, what one will I go for, decisions, decisions.:rolleyes:

I have a Shell and an Asda within half a mile of each other not far away, and the Asda keeps the Shell garage honest to within a few pence. The actual cost of petrol isn't an issue for me, thank goodness, but I'd still rather not pay more than I have to, so I don't.

I am a sceptic and i think diesel prices are being kept artificially high as diesel is the devil and kills trees
I was just discussing the very same thing with someone yesterday! So if you are a sceptic then you are not alone!

Asda today, £1.637. Shell, £1.60, and Esso, £1.61. All three are within half a mile of each other. Even better, the Esso placard proclaims the E5 is 99 octane, and that was only £1.74.

As of right now the Sainsbury's on the Lower Bristol Road seems to be the cheapest for Petrol in my area:

Fuel prices (updated today)​

Petrol:
161.9p​

Premium Petrol:
168.9p​

Diesel:
180.9p​

Petrol £1.399
Diesel £1.379

Total station, half a mile from me.
Unusual for diesel to be cheaper than petrol!

Went to a Sainsbury fuel station today, I normally buy Shell but 16p a litre cheaper for the E10 and 23p a litre cheaper for the E5
Unleaded 131.9
Super 138.9

Travelling up to Chatton in 2 weeks. What are diesel prices like in the NE?
Just noticed my local Shell has diesel cheaper than petrol for the first time in a while at £1.469
No idea on general diesel prices but petrol ranges from high 130’s to high 140’s
Nice area for sight seeing is Chatton, enjoy

Reactions: JHS
Just noticed my local Shell has diesel cheaper than petrol for the first time in a while at £1.469
No idea on general diesel prices but petrol ranges from high 130’s to high 140’s
Nice area for sight seeing is Chatton, enjoy
Petrol and diesel is the same price at Shell here - ha been for around a week - but other brands still have diesel at a higher price.

139.9 DIEsel
141.9 Petrol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom