Fuel price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Diesel in Skegvegas Asda petrol station on Roman Bank £1.907. Station on Burgh Road wants £2.057.

.... people simply can`t afford to spend as they used to.

Not just on fuel , everything has jumped up so people have had to curtail their spending , on everything they did.

The wife works in B+Q and they have seen a downturn in footfall , if you cant afford to eat + heat then the new wallpaper can wait as can the garden makeover.

K
B &Q have stuffed their prices up as well. Kitchen plinth up from £18 to £34 in a couple of months !

B & Q have stuffed their prices up as well. Kitchen plinth up from £18 to £34 in a couple of months !

The price of CLS timber has more than doubled , unlike the staff`s wages.

The regular comment from the trade customers at the checkout is "how f*ckin much"

K

I think you're wrong on that - I think its stopping a lot of people driving. I was at my local Ikea one evening last week which is on a retail park with lots of shops and a couple of restaurants.

On any week night (particularly in the summer) it is usually rammed busy with the car park about 90% full. However, on the last 2 or 3 times i've visited it has been like a ghost town - car park maybe 20% full, shops with only a handful of customers etc. I've seen the same elsewhere too, this situation is stopping people making unnecessary journeys and is now eroding the retail recovery - people simply can't afford to drive as they used to.

Something has got to give and based on news i've heard this morning, that situation is getting closer by the day - this country is a mess..
Interesting, I’ve not noticed this anywhere near me but I’m further south. Been into Birmingham today and it was rammed busy and Westfield’s the other day was the same.

B &Q have stuffed their prices up as well. Kitchen plinth up from £18 to £34 in a couple of months !
^^^^this…

Why shop at B&Q?

Most stuff you can get from Toolstation/Screwfix for much less, and other items tend to be cheaper at Wickes in my experience.

Traffic up in the North West is as busy as ever, not noticed any reduction in traffic volume. I live in Warrington, Cheshire. The town is constantly rammed with traffic, gridlock literally everywhere and that hasnt changed......I think people just fuel the car up and get on with it.

I haven’t noticed any meaningful change in traffic or the number of people in shops and restaurants either.

Traffic up in the North West is as busy as ever, not noticed any reduction in traffic volume. I live in Warrington, Cheshire. The town is constantly rammed with traffic, gridlock literally everywhere and that hasnt changed......I think people just fuel the car up and get on with it.
Down here is the same.

^^^^this…

Why shop at B&Q?

Most stuff you can get from Toolstation/Screwfix for much less, and other items tend to be cheaper at Wickes in my experience.

I’m doing a rental up and needed cheap and cheerful (and I had 15% trade discount) but it had to be off the shelf which is difficult in today‘s World

Why shop at B&Q?

Because we get a whopping staff discount which takes the prices down to just above the prices of Screwfix / Toolstation etc , and they are open to 21:00 when you need that "thing" to get the job done.

K

Because we get a whopping staff discount which takes the prices down to just above the prices of Screwfix / Toolstation etc , and they are open to 21:00 when you need that "thing" to get the job done.

K
To the man in the street they 'ain't very cheap at all :(

Worry not! You'll soon be in Norwich. It's a fine city, it says so on the signs!
The actuality is that the signs don't lie!
I returned to the area 18 months ago and have no regrets, so good that you really will need very little fuel, as you won't want to escape:D
Really looking forward to moving into Norwich, benefits to us ? our family live in and around Norwich, Poringland and Wymondham :)

Got mugged £2.14 ltr for v power diesel yesterday, i know the, it is better and it is not better argument but i like to sleep sound with all theses sensors now.
But i do have a bottle of redex additive on the shelf thats about 1.5 years old 3/4 full, does that stuff go off ? as i may start to use that up on the odd fill up?
i
I did used to use it on the old merc.

I paid just over £2 per litre for derv this morning (well the company did!)....it's 199.9 on the Chichester bypass today.....I remember being cross when fuel went over £2 a GALLON !

A fuel station on my work route went up to 200.9p/litre last week, this morning noticed it has dropped to 197.9p! Are fuel prices finally dropping??

Eh? Of course there is. :dk: however busy London is, the underground & roads even busier from 7-9am and 4-7pm
When I have to drive into the Office near the Oval, I have to leave at 05:30 and arrive at 06:30 If I leave at 06:30 it takes 1h45 and after that its just a simple 2 hours. Leaving to come back home, 15:00 its about 1h30, leave between 16:00 and 17:00 and its a 3 hour drive.

btw, last fill up was £122.92 @ £209.8l

Anyone tempted to move to Russia to take advantage of that, though? No? Thought not...
Would it be such a bad thing to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom