Fuel price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aded

Car
W204 C180 2012
Hi Guys, hope you are having good weekend.
How are u managing with fuel cost and other.
Not easy at moment for those of us that work a bit far.

For 20 years my minimum daily commute was 60 miles.
With other work commitments, 200 work-miles a day was not uncommon.
I'm seriously glad that all that is behind me and that an annual milage of 30 to 40 thousand miles a year is now less than 10 thousand.
:)

^^^^ Almost exactly the same as my history (to the mile !) My nearest customer was 54 miles away from home and the farthest without using an airplane) was 140 miles (both one way) And like you I am glad I don't have to do that anymore.

I still travel for work but 9 times out of 10 the journey starts in the back seat of and S class MB or 7 series BMW ( S class far superior) on the way to an airport....that is now officially the carp bit of the journey... at least it was in Gatwick a few weeks ago.

Not driving the G as much as I'd like. Couldn't have picked a worse time to buy one :(

10mpg around town. 17mpg motorway :(
Think about the lack of depreciation and maybe even appreciation, which is sure to offset the additional cost of fuel for a year or two.

Even though super unleaded is 170-185p per litre here now it must have been close to 140-155p per litre when you bought it, so in real terms it’s gone up by maybe 20%. Get on and enjoy it Karl, you have an iconic car at what will likely be the peak of it’s popularity 👍🏻

Just gone past Tesco's (cheapest in my area) and normal unleaded has jumped 4p again over night. 1.71p so Super will be 1.84p :(

Why isn't this in the news at all?

It's strange to think that it was at £1 during the lockdown because no one was buying it. I don't know if I've fallen for speculation but since E10 came in I've been using superunleaded which makes it even more money.

costing me 125 quid a week at the moment which hurts, a lot! add in the ULEZ and it starts to get expensive.

At the end of the day though it was a conscious decision on my part to get an older car so i only have myself to blame 😂

It's strange to think that it was at £1 during the lockdown because no one was buying it. I don't know if I've fallen for speculation but since E10 came in I've been using superunleaded which makes it even more money.
If only we lived in a world where the rules of supply and demand were still obeyed. All the public have to do is stop buying petrol and diesel and the price will come down.

Not this time. Investment is now in renewables not fossil fuels. Global renewables investment returns are 7 times higher than fossil fuels. The consequences for society do not appear to be a consideration.

1AD6F16A-D31E-4955-AC6F-38C5D4C9A3CF_4_5005_c.jpeg

These things are transitory.

By Autumn, Russia may have invaded Poland and nuked Berlin.

Or it might all be over.

If only we lived in a world where the rules of supply and demand were still obeyed. All the public have to do is stop buying petrol and diesel and the price will come down.

It's quite odd - I just don't get the feeling that the price increases have had any impact on daytime traffic.

That gives the impression that there is a significant portion of the public who are just not being significantly impacted on prices.

Because the world is not as you understand it to be.

As said at least your keeping the miles off it.

It's quite odd - I just don't get the feeling that the price increases have had any impact on daytime traffic.

That gives the impression that there is a significant portion of the public who are just not being significantly impacted on prices.
Maybe your impression is correct or perhaps anecdotal. Company vehicle users will carry on regardless passing on the costs to their customers. Either way a shift in 'fuel' investment has occurred and fossil based is out and renewables are in. 2030 is not that far off now.

The cloud of the ukraine/ russia conflict seems to obscure the consequences of shutting down economies for protracted periods not long ago. Those non pharmaceutical interventions, a grand experiment, have consequences.

Maybe your impression is correct or perhaps anecdotal. Company vehicle users will carry on regardless passing on the costs to their customers. Either way a shift in 'fuel' investment has occurred and fossil based is out and renewables are in. 2030 is not that far off now.

The cloud of the ukraine/ russia conflict seems to obscure the consequences of shutting down economies for protracted periods not long ago. Those non pharmaceutical interventions, a grand experiment, have consequences.
What has investment in renewable energies got to do with market pricing of fossil fuels?

What has investment in renewable energies got to do with market pricing of fossil fuels?
The climate change net zero by 2050 agenda is running roughshod over economic common sense.

Fossil fuels are now deemed a bad economic risk because of this myopic thinking. Myopic because on the 27th June 2019 the UK government in their infinite wisdom became the first major economy to pass into law the requirement to bring all greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050. This legislation provides the focus point and no doubt also the penalties for non compliance. Renewables are seen as the answer to reaching this legally binding net zero target by 2050 so attract investment.

Some seem to think the current ludicrous fossil fuel prices are a blip. Personally i can see them only going one way and what we are now experiencing is just the start.

Unless of course common sense is once more established and the net zero target by 2050 is scrapped. One can only hope.

Last edited:
I took my e63s to Germany and I was shocked about costs in Europe ... This is a new record I think :

1654109605934.png

I know expensive cars are expensive to maintain - but with petrol it takes all the fun out tbh ... Right now I'd get 60k+ for mine and I am honestly wondering whether I should ditch it ...

Unless of course common sense is once more established and the net zero target by 2050 is scrapped. One can only hope.
Lets see what the next elections bring 😇

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom