Fuel price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone tempted to move to Russia to take advantage of that, though? No? Thought not...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Depending on the BBC for your news is not the best way to learn what is going on. Quite a large number of things are cheaper too - like apartments and houses. I think your attitude is symptomatic of the difference between Western Europeans and Russians in that the Western Europeans believe their own propaganda.

Don'f forget to let us know how you got on after you take up residence there... :rolleyes:

Fuel price increases and nett zero 2050 have been mentioned.
Found the text below on t'interweb. Make of it what you will. I've not researched it further at this point, but thought it was interesting and might relate to fuel price.

"In the 1950's, it took one barrel of oil energy equivalent to recover one hundred barrels of oil. The Energy Returned On Energy Invested for oil fell rapidly through the 1970's, then tailed off into a steadier decline, now sitting at one barrel of oil energy equivalent to recover three barrels of oil. Sometime a little after 2050, the EROEI of oil crosses the rubicon, reaching parity or, nett zero. If you study a chart of EROEI for oil, it's glaringly obvious. Nett Zero 2050 has nothing to do with the weather."

The thing that gets me is...
The cost of a Barrel of oil has increased, but has not doubled.
The cost of supplying fuel has increased but has not doubled.
The cost to buy that fuel has increased and HAS doubled .....

Everyone in the chain pleads poverty and only taking their 'same' share, so how, where, and why....?

Will be pushing £2.50 soon. 🤑

The thing that gets me is...
The cost of a Barrel of oil has increased, but has not doubled.
The cost of supplying fuel has increased but has not doubled.
The cost to buy that fuel has increased and HAS doubled .....

Everyone in the chain pleads poverty and only taking their 'same' share, so how, where, and why....?
In which time period?

Don'f forget to let us know how you got on after you take up residence there... :rolleyes:
You have no idea where I own property or how long I spend in each country. I have extensive experience in that part of the world, both Ukraine and Russia. The MSM/BBC/Sky just toe the establishment line trying to get people to swallow BS. Both sides bulshit, but the trouble is, I have access to multiple sources of information and I know for certain that the difference between Russia and the West is that the West BELIEVES its own propaganda. The amount of relevant facts that simply get left out of BBC reports. In fact, last week Lavrov gave an interview to Steve Rosenberg of the BBC in St Petersberg at the Economic Conference, yet by the time the BBC publish edit on youtube, no-one with a UK IP address could access it. That's censorship, plain and simple. And while we are on it, the BBC still operate in Russia (how did they do the interview?), yet RT is banned from the UK. Alternative viewpoints are erased from UK broadcasting so that we cannot detect lies in the MSM view. You blind adherence to the official line merely marks you out as an inflexible narrow minded individual who deserves pity.

OOOOOHHHHH, get her.....

It was a light-hearted throwaway line (as are many of mine), but it seems to have flicked you on the raw; pity about that, at least...

Diottrich, I neither know nor care where you have property or where you spend your time. I worked with the Russian military for three years towards the end of the Cold War era, and I'm not surprised by your implication that the Russians do not believe their government's lies; plainly that hasn't changed since then. The difference is that in the West, if you state a dissenting opinion you are unlikely to be visited by men in black leather jackets who will persuade you that it is in your best interests to keep quiet; that hasn't changed since then either. Putin is a KGB strongman with KGB attitudes; the people's views are irrelevant - they have no power to change things. Of course both sides tell lies; there's a war on.

(Perhaps Lavrov, an old-style Soviet apparatchik parrot if ever there was one, endlessly pumping out the same old lies and denials ["we didn't do that/that never happened/that's faked"] about Putin's 'Special Military Operation' :rolleyes: to remove the 'Nazis and Fascists' :rolleyes: who are running Ukraine, had - as usual - nothing new or worthwhile to say? Endlessly saying that black is white soon becomes boringly repetitive).

Of course both sides tell lies; there's a war on. I think we all know who's telling by far the bigger and more frequent whoppers, though. Putin is an old-style Soviet dictator, controlling State media in the Soviet style. If Russia was a genuine democracy, he wouldn't last two minutes. The war in Ukraine is a war of aggression; it's not Russia's war, it's Putin's. If you are an apologist for Putin, you are either a fool or a knave.

P.S: Ooops, sorry, shouldn't really have replied; this is the wrong thread for that argument.

Last edited:
It's been really difficult here. Fuel prices doubled in less than 2 years.
A liter of 95 Premium was 22p and now it's 44p
A liter of 98 Super Premium is now 50p

Ok Ok... you can shoot me. 🤮

And to make it worse, if you're an expat there you could easily afford to pay UK prices for your fuel anyway. We hate you... :D

Just points to remember:

As much as I despise our current government the cost of petrol and diesel is up globally*.

Nobody fills their car with crude oil so you should stop being so attached to the price of a barrel.

Countries are reducing their reliance on Russian oil and petroleum products so the cost of oil derived products will increase as a result of demand on other producers increasing.

This suits other oil producing countries just fine.

Some countries are likely importing Russian oil products at a discounted rate (due to lower demand) and reselling at a higher rate (due to higher demand for oil from anywhere but Russia) and taking the significant difference for themselves.

People need to stop pretending that our government is competently evil, they're not. They're just simply incompetent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom