Fuel price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Trains???.....what with all those noisy, smelly people and the germs of millions of unwashed Londoners????.....have you know sense of self respect at all? :) ......you will be saying the bus (AKA "the loser cruiser") is a good idea next!!!

Trains???.....what with all those noisy, smelly people and the germs of millions of unwashed Londoners????.....have you know sense of self respect at all? :) ......you will be saying the bus (AKA "the loser cruiser") is a good idea next!!!
I get the train in sometimes. It’s quite new,clean and I’m on it about 6.50 when it’s empty sitting down with a nice cup of tea. £3.60 into St Pancras and takes 18 mins.

Wife gets the bus at 5.40 into Marble Arch. It’s pretty much empty and she’s got her tablet and a coffee. Journey takes 45 mins and costs £1.60.

I’ll take those 2 over the guys car journey anytime, especially when he said it can take an hour to get to London Bridge. That’s a 3 mile journey which I can do in 10 mins on my bike.

Took a 264 mile trip from Kent to Devon over the weekend, the 160 quid to fill up the tank hurt, but managed to get there & back on one tank full. That mpg figure was motorway all the way with the cruise set to 70-ish, with a bit of city driving at either end. Not bad at all for a 5 litre V8 I think. And still cheaper than the two of us taking the train ;)

Attachments

• 289795619_770464210978418_8890577394121847503_n.jpg
    289795619_770464210978418_8890577394121847503_n.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Derv is 199.9 all around Chichester at the moment......I think they are waiting to see who will blinks first and breaches the £2 per litre barriers. Was £2.05 in Portsmouth yesterday1!!

15mins to bus, 1 bus every 45mins if they bother to turn up, 20min to epping station, train to bank, change to northern line walk from kennington as oval is shut. that took nearly 3 hours when I did try it

I just topped my C200 up at the local Asda this afternoon as we're doing a long drive tomorrow and I wanted a full tank. We've barely been anywhere since I filled it up last Tuesday night, yet it still took £22 of unleaded. I think my wife has a heavier foot than me though as the average mpg has dropped to 34mpg from 42mpg after I'd driven it back from the dealers last week. I'm hoping to get around 40-42mpg tomorrow as it's pretty much motorway all the route, similar to coming back from the dealers last week.

If we hadn't bought our 'new' car in time we were looking at making this trip by train as 3 of us wouldn't fit in our old SLK. That was working out at £500-600 even booked well in advance, so my other option was a hire car also booked well in advance (with 48 hour cancelation option) for £190, plus about £140 for petrol assuming around 38mpg or so. Add in the cost of taxis to the station at each end of the trip too and the train option just wasn't viable, though I'm glad I'm not making the journey tomorrow in a manual Astra or equivalent since we got our car in time for the trip. :)

Just filled my car up earlier, 199.9 for diesel which is the most I've had filling up so far.....still I get about 500miles on that for circa £120, which is 300miles better than my last car for the same cost! :D

The bus wants fuel. Looking forward to my first £150 fill.

Fortunately the commuter is still virtually free.

Paid £1.957 today in Asda, Norwich

I now can't find anywhere near me in Herts for less than £2p/l for higher octane fuel.

£2.05 Shell V Power in Tonbridge on Tuesday - glad I don't do a lot of miles now

The van is now costing me £300 to do 1000 miles which is the same as what my old E46 330i was costing me to do the same mileage 4 years ago :)

Petrol at Asda around here down to £1.74 !! :)

Esso have been charging 169.9p for unleaded for weeks now in North Devon.
Have they. the average in Norwich has been £1.86 to £1.88. Though in the Village just outside Norwich where my daughter lives it has been £1.81 :rolleyes:

Diesel round here has plummeted :rolleyes: from 199.9p to 197.9p at Morrisons and 196.9p at the adjacent Shell station.

The retailers are being much slower to react to the global fuel price falls. Heating oil (derv without lubricant) is about 85p per litre inc delivery, add 52p fuel duty and VAT it comes to a bit less than £1.70 - so that is roughly where a litre of derv "ought" to be at the pump. Someone is making a lot of money atm.

How strange. Over in Cardiff, diesel seems to be about 192.9 or 193.9 both at the supermarkets and at the premium places, Shell, ESSO etc.

It's all so weird.

Diesel had sunk below 1.90 around here for the first time in ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom