Fuel price

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am having problems logging into Petrolprices.com. Is it just me or is the site down for any reason :rolleyes:

I am having problems logging into Petrolprices.com. Is it just me or is the site down for any reason :rolleyes:

It was OK earlier ... looks like a certificate problem:

1659297336981.png

Well was up around Chatteris in Cambridgeshire over the weekend and something strange is going on up there,Tesco diesel £1.99 now thats a bit strong from my usual forecourts around where I live,but I saw two BP garages at £1.96,now we all know BP are at least 3p a litre more than the supermarkets around here nearly always 5p dearer,shame I had only done 100 miles out of a full tank,maybe next time:rolleyes:

Derv down from £1.97 to £1.90 Isle of Wight Asda today...Squeezed in £100...I've bought cars for less...LOL

I saw a report of an interview with the owner of an independent rural petrol station in Herefordshire - he is selling at his usual margin and petrol is 161.9 ppl, diesel 178.9 ppl. My bet is that the reason prices are falling so slowly is that the supermarkets (who have historically been price leaders) are hanging on to the higher prices for as long as they can because their margins in the rest of the business are under so much pressure - and so the other retailers have no need to reduce prices either. Just my guess.

1.74 E10 asda Mansfield today
1.89 E10 tesco personally I dont think we will see 1,50 p litre ever again

I know this will skew the data line but 171.9 ppl for E5 at Costco on Sunday. I never knew the maximum you could buy in one go was £99. That surprised me since I still had a couple of gallons to go. Kirkland FTW???

I saw a report of an interview with the owner of an independent rural petrol station in Herefordshire - he is selling at his usual margin and petrol is 161.9 ppl, diesel 178.9 ppl. My bet is that the reason prices are falling so slowly is that the supermarkets (who have historically been price leaders) are hanging on to the higher prices for as long as they can because their margins in the rest of the business are under so much pressure - and so the other retailers have no need to reduce prices either. Just my guess.
That’s a bit different to when I had a ‘Rural’ filling station back in the early 70’s. Our margin then was 7p per gallon. That’s why it was very important to us to keep an eye on what the other filling stations around us were were doing. Don’t forget though in those days fuel was a fraction of the price it is today :rolleyes: :)

I saw a report of an interview with the owner of an independent rural petrol station in Herefordshire - he is selling at his usual margin and petrol is 161.9 ppl, diesel 178.9 ppl.
I bet a queue forms every time he gets a delivery. How often after that does he run out?

Saw yesterday that Asda have started the supermarket price war so looked online to see where their nearest petrol station is - 30+ miles away! Big Asda 8 miles away in Ashford but no petrol station. Just seen that Tesco have joined the fun and dropped petrol and diesel prices now, which will push Sainsburys and Morrisons to do the same. Still have almost full tank on the C220 and 1/4 tank on the SLK so can wait a little while, hopefully it will drop more.

A local Asda had £1.86 for diesel today,I paid £1.97 on Friday at a Morrisons :mad:

Down to 159.9p for unleaded at Esso in North Devon. Even Tesco have followed suit and are down to 160.9p. Super unleaded and diesel obviously cost more.

In Market Drayton we have a big Morrisons and a small Shell next to each other - the signs for both are visible as I approach, so it's easy to duck into the cheapest :)

Interestingly Shell has consistently matched or undercut Morrisons on diesel for some time (186.9 vs 188.9 today), and is now cheaper for standard unleaded as well (171.9 vs 175.9).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom