Fuel pricing - time to take that tough decision?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cheapest is £1.76 here at a Shell garage. Funny how the Supermarkets cant touch it as they're charging £1.83.
Next cheapest is BP at £1.78

Cheapest is £1.76 here at a Shell garage. Funny how the Supermarkets cant touch it as they're charging £1.83.
Where is here ??

We have a Shell forecourt and a Morrisons next to each other here. They always seem to sell diesel for the same price (199.9p at the moment), but unleaded is cheaper at Morrisons.

We have a Shell forecourt and a Morrisons next to each other here. They always seem to sell diesel for the same price (199.9p at the moment), but unleaded is cheaper at Morrisons.
When I had a Filling Station back in the early 70's we used to keep a very close eye on what other local Filling Stations were doing. By just being a penny out you could easily lose customers. Same as today there is no loyalty with Petrol/Diesel buyers :rolleyes:

Derv £1.95 whoopy doo.

No probs. I'll rag my Mercedes rotten, drive the household runabout at no more than 30mph eyes glued to the MPG indicator & cycle when I can. Simples, but I feel for those who have never enjoyed unrestricted pre 70mph limit UK motoring or being able to belt across Europe at 100mph+ for hours on end. From Calais to Interlaken Switzerland in a day was no problem as I was lucky to experience & witness many times. With such memories occasional ragging & regular bumbling about is tolerable - just.

No probs. I'll rag my Mercedes rotten, drive the household runabout at no more than 30mph eyes glued to the MPG indicator & cycle when I can. Simples, but I feel for those who have never enjoyed unrestricted pre 70mph limit UK motoring or being able to belt across Europe at 100mph+ for hours on end. From Calais to Interlaken Switzerland in a day was no problem as I was lucky to experience & witness many times. With such memories occasional ragging & regular bumbling about is tolerable - just.
Did Calais to Bologna a few Times in the past then as you say speed limits became a big thing especially in France where the buggers nab you at the next toll booth and fine on the spot! Ask me how I know that one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom