Fuel Protests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fourwheels

Car
C250d Sport Premium Plus
Sorry if there is already a thread on this.
On Wednesday we caught our flight from Heathrow by the skin of our teeth having been caught in the M25 road closures caused by the misguided idiots who think disrupting the lives of millions will save the planet. Fortunately we had chosen to use a Private taxi so much of the stress was his as we worked through something like 9 miles of standing traffic. We read of missed flights, a daughter missing her mothers funeral, business and ambulance problems. Now as we wait for our daughter and family to join us this weekend we read there will be more disruption for them on their way to the airport. I realise the problems the police have in managing this but the people who create chaos and ruin the lives of so many in this way should be locked up for a very long time.

Shocking.

Sadly in namby, pamby Britain, we will wring our hands and say “oh dear”.

Send in the cops with tear gas and rubber bullets and let's see how long those “brave” protestors sit it out.

But my favourie option would be fire trucks with an indelible blue dye added to the water. Pressure wash the protestors off the road and we will have easily identifiable Smurfs wandering about or hiding at home for a few weeks.

We live in a world, or is it just country, where a militant few can hold a more placid majority to ransom. Not just fuel but in many other areas at present.
Sadly you are right, unless people are personally inconvenienced or their lives and expensively paid for plans are disrupted, they mutter ‘Oh dear’ and move on to the next news item.
At the height of the problem and while I was trying to find out what was going on in order to help our driver I came across a live twitter feed from two women who were proudly telling the world they had made it onto a M25 gantry. Apart from being nutcases - one gentle push ——.
I have never seen traffic jams like that in what must be around 60 years of driving.

We live in a world, or is it just country, where a militant few can hold a more placid majority to ransom. Not just fuel but in many other areas at present.
Watching some recordings of this year's Tour De France the other day., there were a couple of stages where the race was disrupted by protestors sitting in the road
(protesting what I have no idea).
The French Police outriders were first to encounter them and within about 20 seconds flat were off their bikes and had robustly man-handling them out of the road and depositing them in a heap on the grass verge - where presumably they were dealt with either by other officers or the spectators.
Whatever you think of the methods employed, the incident was certainly dealt with effectively and with minimal disruption.

Watching some recordings of this year's Tour De France the other day., there were a couple of stages where the race was disrupted by protestors sitting in the road
The French Police outriders were first to encounter them and within about 20 seconds flat were off their bikes and had robustly man-handling them out of the road and depositing them in a heap on the grass verge - where presumably they were dealt with either by other officers or the spectators.
Whatever you think of the methods employed, the incident was certainly dealt with effectively and with minimal disruption.
And the lefties who are desperate to rejoin the EU would be the first to condemn the U.K. police if that happened here.

Our brave protestors do what they do because they know there is little consequence.

Climate change protestors who chained themselves together at the neck....

Here's the video of the stoppage and brief coverage of the "keufs" giving the protestors a firm "handling."

As has been said, British police have been told, very firmly, not to manhandle protestors in anything like this way.

Tour de France: climate protesters stop 10th stage of race – video

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

One fascinating and telling aspect of the Extinction Rebellion/ Insulate Britain and whatever this latest lot are called protests are they appear to have the best PR departments imaginable in their organisations that succeed every time in convincing the mainstream media to use their photographs, tell the public their 'grievance' and hence give their 'causes' mainstream media coverage.

Unheard of. All a bit fishy really.

Last edited:
Maybe you wanted to say that it was only lefties that are desperate to rejoin the EU that would be the first to condemn the police action and those lefties that did not want to rejoin would not be concerned?
You are conflating leftie, EU and condemnation of the police.

Maybe you wanted to say that it was only lefties that are desperate to rejoin the EU that would be the first to condemn the police action and those lefties that did not want to rejoin would not be concerned?
Move on fella, you’re awful at playing guessing games.

Move on fella, you’re awful at playing guessing games.
Just trying to find out what you are trying to say rather than guessing at it.
FWIW, if you had left the EU reference out it would have made more sense and I could have agreed with you.
Enjoy your sojourn in the EU!

It's pretty much common sense really. Our eu brothers police forces love a bit of putting the boot in. Leave or remain, the lefties will be complaining if the British rozzers were more like their continental cousins whilst the leave or remain righty fascists will be complaining that the boots are not put in hard enough :) simples

It's pretty much common sense really. Our eu brothers police forces love a bit of putting the boot in. Leave or remain, the lefties will be complaining if the British rozzers were more like their continental cousins whilst the leave or remain righty fascists will be complaining that the boots are not put in hard enough :) simples

We (UK) are too soft on crime. The neerdowells and their ilk know that they can get away with a slap on the wrist. Why to you think boat people pour across the border (criminal act) in their 10s of 1000s?

Nothing to do with EU or not.

UK cops have little power & we have a liberal leftie justice system (IMO a Lawyer or Judge is simply a good "rote learner” & debater with little common sense). Cops are likely to get a worse sentence than the rapist they had to fight to arrest and accidentally injured him.

Let’s stand back, wring our hands and say “oh dear”.

We (UK) are too soft on crime. The neerdowells and their ilk know that they can get away with a slap on the wrist. Why to you think boat people pour across the border (criminal act) in their 10s of 1000s?

Nothing to do with EU or not.

UK cops have little power & we have a liberal leftie justice system (IMO a Lawyer or Judge is simply a good "rote learner” & debater with little common sense). Cops are likely to get a worse sentence than the rapist they had to fight to arrest and accidentally injured him.

Let’s stand back, wring our hands and say “oh dear”.

With my life experiences I have little respect for your average copper as the majority that I have had dealings with are jumped up coonts but they do have my sympathy as it's certainly a job I wouldn't want to do.

For 15 years I owned a shop in the ghetto that is Catford, South East London. My shop was right on the edge of the one way system and the turning opposite was the first place that the rozzers could safely pull in the never do wells without causing traffic chaos. Every day I would sit outside watching the coppers going about their business and the things I've seen your mind would boggle !

With my life experiences I have little respect for your average copper as the majority that I have had dealings with are jumped up coonts but they do have my sympathy as it's certainly a job I wouldn't want to do.

For 15 years I owned a shop in the ghetto that is Catford, South East London. My shop was right on the edge of the one way system and the turning opposite was the first place that the rozzers could safely pull in the never do wells without causing traffic chaos. Every day I would sit outside watching the coppers going about their business and the things I've seen your mind would boggle !
I suppose that everyone has a story to tell about police and yes there are some bad apppes in every barrel. Overall, I think the British police are a pretty decent lot but their hands are tied and they are understaffed which presumably means prioritising what they deal with. It is a thankless job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom