Fuel Pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
I have a very noisy fuel pump and want to replace it...I've heard that some 202's have 2 pumps at the rear is mine one of them??

yours has one Greg. (99% sure) only the early ones had 2

What do you mean noisey? as in 'HISSSSSSS' noise? that's normal!

I know they hiss mate, my has a pulsing noise and nearly every time that I start the engine the pump makes a totally weird groaning noise then sometimes shuts up or might stay on always until you turn off and restart again, it also does this noise if you give it a bootful kickdown, whilst rolling along I just flick the key on and off.. I also think its lost some of its pressure and gives me good days and bad days....

Now the annoying thing is I mentioned this to Greenoaks when it was in for some warranty work last year, they said it was normal 6 months later and out of warranty it starts buggering about and what do you expect next???

Greenoaks don't want to know as apparently I have never said anything to them about my fuel pump, despite the fact that there service foreman on 2 different occasions came and listened to it!!!

On the 2nd occasion he did say that it had got louder and was pulsing but would probably be ok for ages to come...

I'm going to replace it myself anyway as its an easy job, just gutted that I have to hand over £130 to the Stealership...

Cheers dude..... BTW Top mods matey, Your Benz is one of the best I've ever seen for dedication and hardwork thats been put into a much cherished motor....

Last edited:
Wheelie, if you are going to the GTG I can give you a pump. I have a couple of spares, no charge!

Thats what I like about this forum and the people on here, I dont know Ian at all and he's giving me a pump for my Benz....

Ian, if thats ok with you, I'll take you up on that offer.... How come you have some spares????

Wheelie thanks for the comment. Many people here have helped me, willingly or unknowingly. Its just my feeble attempt to help others, after all we all love what we drive. Spares, long story involving the R.A.C. I assume the pump is similar to that of a W201?

Originally posted by Wheelie
Not sure....can anyone help here.....

I can check to see if the aftermarket part numbers are the same for the two models tomorrow.

Its a used part bought from "The Garage" in Bacup. BTW I have a choice of two for you, will bring them both and a spare battery if you want to run them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom