Fuel Quality - Diesel...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I knew it,must go with the flow.Few filling expensive fuel thus it's sitting for ages in the tank breaking down to crude...

Right that's it - I'm back on the Asda stuff now! ;)

I haven't driven a diesel regularly enough recently to be able to comment on the current diesel fuels. However, about a decade ago, I used to annoy my father routinely by getting almost 100km more on a tank of diesel on his imported Mitsubishi Pajero than he did. The only difference - he filled up on Tesco's diesel, I filled up on Texaco diesel.

Or different type of journeys. assuming a 70 ltr tank and 30 ish mpg thats a 12% difference.

Until a month ago, I drove a Jeep Commander fitted with the Mercedes 320Cdi diesel. I have a 250 mile motorway journey I do a couple of times a month. Regular Shell diesel used to give me 22-23mpg and the V-power 24-26mpg (both from the onboard computer). I now have an S212 on 61 plate and love it. I am getting around 50mpg from regular diesel. Will be interesting to see if the V-power makes a difference in an engine that less stressed as the S212 does not have the aerodynamics of a brick wall.

The only difference - he filled up on Tesco's diesel, I filled up on Texaco diesel.

Different driving styles can easily make this sort of difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom