Fuel Quantity Valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenclarke

Car
E220 Cdi
Hi Guys
My wife just bought a E220 Cdi, lovely car but got an issue, when you stab the accelerator the engine management light comes and and it kinda goes into limp mode. I’ve checked codes and came up with P0088 and P22E7 with some Googling it seems like the Fuel quantity valve is a possible cause. Is this the only name for this valve as when I search on eBay it comes up as fuel pump metering valve or fuel pump pressure valve or are they all correct?
Thanks

Fuel Quantity Valve is what MB use. You are nor specifying model year of your car, and not description of your fault codes. FQV fault is quite common, but without any other information, there are other culprits too. By SDS you would have got full fault codes, further diagnosis information and specific tests for components. You have a part number somewhere your present valve, use it.

Fuel Quantity Valve is what MB use. You are nor specifying model year of your car, and not description of your fault codes. FQV fault is quite common, but without any other information, there are other culprits too. By SDS you would have got full fault codes, further diagnosis information and specific tests for components. You have a part number somewhere your present valve, use it.
Sorry it’s a 2007 car with the 170bhp engine, the P0088 code said fuel pressure too high. I had a look at car today and the fuel quantity valve looks new. But I noticed there was a diesel leak on the leak off pipes. It was leaking where the plastic clip goes around the injector, 2 were held on with tie wraps. What are the little clips called that snap lock around the injector?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom